Is this the Newbie zone or the Boxing zone? :)

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Anhari, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Anhari Augur

**puts on a full coverage flame resistant suit**

Been back for a while reading this forum on a daily basis, and I sware, we really need a separate forum just for the boxers out there! This zone, while boxers can be newbies, should really only cater to those who are truly new to the game, or their class and need advice, or just want to brag about an achievement!

I think a separate boxing forum would be great so that we can KNOW in ADVANCE what we are talking about!

**pulls of the asbestos suit**

/love
  2. Smak Augur

Maybe they are genuinely new to the game and are playing eq because they heard about how easy it is to make a few free accounts to box with and just want advice, if anything they should fault us when we have no knowledge of how to box or box well since I hope most players still use one account at a time.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  3. IblisTheMage Augur

I see this forum as the place to ask questions that are more basic. I use it that way, from time to time, and also try to contribute. Boxing typically introduces me to classes I have never played, and I am therefore like a noob with regards to these classes...
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Cakekizy like this.
  4. Bashiok Crownguard Augur

sorry to say but "new player" doesn't mean unskilled or ignorant, they come here because they know where to go for the secrets of everquest.

also flame suits don't use asbestos anymore since they may cause you or a loved one to be exposed and get mesothelioma.
  5. Aurastrider Augur

All the hate towards boxers is getting old. We are not all evil power hungry destructive creatures who wish to only profit from the game. A lot of us are constructive members of our respective servers and willing to help out when we can. Have you anti boxers who are returning ever stopped and thought about why there are so many boxers? Maybe its because there was such a mass exodus of players making the group game difficult at best for many players unless you were already uber. If you left this game for WOW or another game you helped to create the "problem" as you see it. The rest of us who have continued to support the game and keep it alive so you can continue to chime in on these boards nearly two decades later deserve a little more respect than is given. If you have an issue with a certain box group of players that's one thing but saying we are all the same is ignorant at best.
  6. Tatanka Joe Schmo

"All the hate towards boxers is getting old"

Not to mention the OP sucks at basic math. Looking at the first page of threads in this forum, a very small minority are about boxing.

Stop fooling us with the High Elf pic, Anhari, we know you play a Troll ;)
  7. Anhari Augur

Well I was right about needing a flame suite :)

I never said I hate boxers. I only was wishing that we had a dedicated "channel" for box related threads. It does get old with all of the "which group line up is best' posts. I just feel it gets old. But, hey, that's just my lowly opinion.

I did want to start a dialog on boxing and newb players. I agree with Iblis that it is appropriate when one of your boxes is a class/race that you have never played, but again in the context of noob vs. boxing, would having a dedicated forum be more helpful? In the noob forum, ask about the class and how he plays his role in a group setting. Remember, boxing is nothing more than group play, only being done by one player instead of X.

As to being a troll. I read and have been reading these boards ever since I started playing EQ back in late 2000. I tend not to post much since there are MANY more knowledgeable people out there than me. I post to the threads that I think that I can be constructive, rather than destructive. As you can see, I don't start many threads. And when I do respond, I try to NEVER put someone down or "grief' them. These forums should be about learning things about EQ, not seeing who can cause a poster the most grief.

Tanks for indulging me in my thirst for knowledge and my attempt to be helpful to the EQ community.
  8. Aurastrider Augur

The newbie forum is basically a place to ask questions regarding things you have little to no knowledge about. There is already an entire forum with sub forums for class discussion so those items should go there. If someone is a veteran boxer but looking to fine tune their crew or setup it should probably go to the veteran's lounge. But if someone is truly a newbie to boxing this is the appropriate forum for questions. There are maybe a handful of new threads created on each forum per day so making more specialized forums is not entirely necessary. As long as the OP makes a clear title to their thread its not that difficult to weed out topics you have no interest in reading.
    Quatr likes this.
  9. Kallitank Elder

I see this thread as a place for newbie questions just as Iblis said. When all I played was my Ranja, which I feel fairly knowledgeable about, and had a question, I went to the Veterans Lounge. When I was a newb at boxing I came here to the newbies thread. Seems like everything is functioning properly.
    Quatr and Cakekizy like this.
  10. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Jeez, how many rooms do you need?

;)
    skattabrainz likes this.
  11. skattabrainz Augur

Really there could be 4 newbie forums if you want to really break EQ up into different play styles.

No boxing on a live server, boxing on a live server, no boxing on a progression server and boxing on a progression server.
  12. Murphy Elder

The anti-boxing crowd is sooooo cute with their righteousness :D Stick it to the man brah
  13. Tucoh Augur

The "which group line up is best" posts are useful for non-boxers too, because it provides good information on who to group with, what classes to choose, class synergies and what each class brings to the table.
  14. Forcer Deathmagi Journeyman

Sounds like a commercial for a lawsuit lol