Is This Daybreak Email Legit?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by EQOAnostalgia, Nov 9, 2016.

1. EQOAnostalgia Elder

Wondering if this is legit, seems kind of odd.

[IMG]
  2. YellowBelly Augur

I wouldn't trust it.
    EQOAnostalgia likes this.
  3. Riou Augur

They do seem to be a marketing intern at Daybreak Games, and the shown IP looks to come from a SOE (Daybreak Games) owned server

The phone # seems to be from San Diego too (which I believe they are located)
  4. EQOAnostalgia Elder

Any staff members know about this? Not sure if i'm asking in the right place. I mean i'm all about free stuff lol, but i'm also aware of fraud lol, it's kind of an issue in current year.
  5. CatsPaws Augur

6. Razorfall Augur

Meanwhile all I get is a "Don't Miss YOUR Chance to Pre-Order" EoK email
  7. Riou Augur

Believe these were sent to Fan Sites / people with EQ/EQ2 youtube (probably also twitch) main channels and such. Likely to show them off when received to spread more word about the Expansions :p
  8. EQOAnostalgia Elder

Maybe, but my channel is quite small.
  9. CatsPaws Augur

I don't have a site/channel or whatever and all I got was the email today to pre order. BUT if I had got the email for a gift then you can bet I would have appreciated it. And posted about it. And loved it. And fed it. :D
  10. Roxxanna Augur

I don't know......that name seems fishy
    Rorce, Roxxly, Raytan and 1 other person like this.
  11. Nolrog Augur

What does the header information say? Does it come from daybreak.com or something close to that? I agree that it seems fishy though.
  12. Roshen Brand Manager

This is a legit email, coming from one of our employee's work email accounts.

Roxanne is part of our marketing team, and she's been reaching out to a very small group of EQ & EQ2 players.
    Gin97, Aghinem, Rorce and 1 other person like this.
  13. YellowBelly Augur

I run an EQ YouTube channel and haven't gotten anything cool like that. I guess I'm not special.
  14. Nennius Augur

We all think you're special.
  15. Your_Ad_Here Augur

I do EQ/EQ2 related stuff and I didn't get squat. Lucky you!
  16. Aghinem Augur

Whenever in doubt; always check the email header. It will show the true origin of where an email comes from.
  17. EQOAnostalgia Elder

:)

Wasn't sure if it can be faked. I guess i'm just paranoid since idk much about how scams work. But hear a lot about them happening.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  18. Goranothos Augur

Sure you're special, just like everyone else. ;)
  19. Riou Augur

I received mine as well, everyone got the same stuff it looks like :), image is from EQ2Wires twitter with what was inside[IMG]
    Sirene_Fippy likes this.
  20. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

The book and mug are cool but I don't understand why EQ 2 takes so much prominence over EQ. Does it make more money or is just the devs really favor it that much more than EQ?