Is there an official Agnarr Auction Site?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by urbanbo70, Jun 27, 2017.

1. urbanbo70 Elder

I am looking to buy a full set of Rubicite for Kronos on Agnarr.
  2. Lhelith Journeyman

Rubicite is dropping?
  3. Finchy Augur

agnarrprices.com parses logs of people buying/selling (if the people helping are online). You can search the gear you want and it tells you who was selling/buying. you can then message them asking.

yes, rubicite is dropping.
  4. Green_Mage Augur

Just a reminder guys -- Auction loggers are not the gods honest truth about the going rate of items. They logg every quick firesale there is, and not many of the /tell trade interactions where many of the actual transactions take place. Most the time they tend to give you a low ball price for an item.
  5. Accipiter Old Timer

Some may give them too much credence. Methinks you give them too little.

They only people who don't like these sites are the ones that charge 50% over the going rate hoping to find a sucker.
    Protagonist and DruidCT like this.
  6. Febb Augur

In my experience with auction sites of past progression servers, they are pretty accurate for pricing. That's until Luclin releases and the bazaar sets prices.
    DruidCT likes this.
  7. urbanbo70 Elder

Can someone confirm that ALL 12 pieces are dropping at this point before I start this collection quest?
  8. Green_Mage Augur

Here's some of the prices listed for Spell:Allure

I'm sorry, but the Average price for a level 45+ is 200p - 225p. Not 180 something because a handful of people sold their guild bank down river for 50-150 pp. No one makes and sells 45+ spells for 150p or 50p or anything like that. So it really shouldn't be factored into the average price.

I've also noticed that prices are lower during euro hours. It's a good time to buy and bad time to sell. Generally speaking.

But besides this stuff. The sites seem more accurate sense I checked in recently. Mostly on Item drops I think its more accurate than crafted goods.
  9. Malokhan Elder

^^ wrong. I undersell all the over chargers often with spells. the 45+ spells I sell for 150 or less, depending. The average is real, just because you don't like it doesn't change that fact.
  10. Pikallo Augur

Agreed. I always sell stuff below "market prices" because I simply can't stand spending hours sitting in CL trying to squeeze max profit. I want to get stuff off the shelf asap. The average price is simply what people are willing to buy or sell for. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean you can simply ignore people who sell things for less when calculating an average.
  11. C3lowz Augur

Yeah I often sell this spell and a few others for 100p. Sometimes more, rarely less. But you claiming it's price is no different than the site doing so too. The list gives info based on what people have sold for to give a general idea, sure it'll catch the quicksells at times, but that's what they sold for those times.

Whereas I have no doubt you can and do sell your spells for the price you mentioned here, there re others who do not
  12. Green_Mage Augur

All I can say is IDK why you'd waste the hide. they run at least 50p (I still see people paying 60-70). Your doing spells for like a 30p profit or less? No thanks. That's low not average. Most people value their time more than that.

If you were to go out and just get 45+ hides, it would be more time efficient to sell them to me for 50p than making spells most likely.

x3 times the cost of hides is pretty standard bottom line. Unless your doing some old world stuff to undercut the new research. Which is fine but you should say so.
  13. MaxTheLion Augur

You seem to have difficulty understanding that not everybody will do things the way you do. It's been a constant glaring fact in most of your posts. Maybe they feel they are doing a good service by providing the spell at a cost most can afford or they're making the spells to skill up and it's easier to clear shelf at lower price. There are many reasons why a person could choose to sell lower than average market price. Not everybody is out to make huge bank when they play the game.
    C3lowz and Pikallo like this.
  14. Green_Mage Augur

Look at get you don't like that i think charm is overpowered. But you don't need to stalk me into every damn post about. Especially considering what a popular opinion it is.

What I said is true. Auctions log resales and report the average price lower than the median price.

Edit: And unless your name is Robnice, I don't kindly to people lecturing me about the spell business. You probably have no idea what your talking about as far as tradeskilling spells go -- just speaking statistically I Don't know you personally.
  15. AgentofChange Augur

Many people selling the spells are just doing it for the skill increases. That's why they sell low, many of them really don't care about making a large profit, so they just undercut the market to get rid of them fast.

Believe it or not, not everyone likes selling in an /auction setting and will just sell low so they can go do more interesting things within the game.
    MaxTheLion likes this.
  16. Pikallo Augur

Some people just don't care that much about maximizing profit, especially if it involves spending countless hours in commonlands trying to get the mid-high tier prices. I know for me, I don't waste my time selling anything under 200p or so, and always sell at low end prices in an effort to sell as quickly as possible.

Granted, crafting can be slightly different if you are explicitly doing it as a for-profit business - but as mentioned above, some people just want to recoup costs with as little time and effort as possible or any other number of perfectly viable reasons to sell things cheaper.
  17. MaxTheLion Augur

I did not mention charm in this thread at any point because that's not the topic of discussion. I'm stating that even though multiple people try to tell you something, you tend to defend your stance with an opinion.

Accipiter - They only people who don't like these sites are the ones that charge 50% over the going rate hoping to find a sucker.
    Febb - In my experience with auction sites of past progression servers, they are pretty accurate for pricing.
    Malokhan - ^^ wrong. I undersell all the over chargers often with spells. the 45+ spells I sell for 150 or less, depending. The average is real, just because you don't like it doesn't change that fact.
    Pikallo - Agreed. I always sell stuff below "market prices"
    C3lowz - Yeah I often sell this spell and a few others for 100p.

and then Green_Mage - All I can say is IDK why you'd waste the hide. Your doing spells for like a 30p profit or less? No thanks. Most people value their time more than that. x3 times the cost of hides is pretty standard bottom line. spell business

You see the trend I mentioned earlier? You do have more knowledge of the "spell business" on Agnarr (I don't play there) but it's irrelevant since not all of us view it as a business. You reinforce the assumption that you're in it for the profit which is fine and good but don't deny that prices posted on an auction site which are extracted from EQ chat logs are incorrect simply because they don't match with your desired prices.
  18. Green_Mage Augur

I understand not everyone is good at business. Or wants to be. If you like helping people out by saving them 50p on your allure knock yourself out. I don't see why ANYONE would waste time leveling a tradeskill not to make any pp -- but I guess people do stupid things. I never said "everyone has to play the game like me" -- I just explained why I don't get it.

BTW guys, the time/money is maximizing profit. So that's what I'm talking about here. You can sell lower, but you get less money for the time. And therefore it is not worth it. The person refusing the allure at 200 is literally not worth your time, in the since you could have made more with the same time investment.

So when doing bulk deals for example: Every Enchanter spell. You can lower your prices for all and still get more time/money. But singular spells....that vast majority of people will buy for 200 that would buy for 150 (and I wouldn't waste time doing them for lower).

My entire point is not that people don't generally do 45+ spells for 180 and that's not the price people ever demand from me. Most of them think my rates are good at 200 a spell or a little less for bulk deals for 45+.

I'm not selling spells actively anymore and people still send my tells for my rate. So don't give me this BS about the average price being lower than 200. That's the site not reality, and exactly the kind of stuff I'm talking about. If spells averaged lower I wouldn't get swamped with tells and sales when I advertise constantly.
  19. Risiko Augur

I have to say that this is par for the course from my experience as a spell researcher back on Phinigel. I found out real quick that the vast majority of researchers sale their spells at a loss just to recoup some of the cost for skill ups. I rarely made money off of research.

I also did jewelry, and it was even worse than spell research.

In fact, the only crafting I made money off of was Alchemy. It was a great money maker. Everybody wanted SoW, Shrink, Invis to Undead, and Mana Regen pots. I sold a metric ton of Shrink pots to Ogres and Trolls through out Classic on Phinny.
  20. Green_Mage Augur

Not to be offensive in anyway, but were you a bit late to getting your skill high? The reason I ask is because tradeskills are profitable if you are one of the first when a server is new -- generally speaking. But if you wait...I wouldn't. It's probably already too late for a few. JC is very competitive too,