Is there a way to get back old gamma options?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by AlmarsGuides, Dec 9, 2015.

1. AlmarsGuides Augur

I used to log into EQ just because it would crack your normal gamma resolution and make your screen ungodly bright. I have been doing this for years - anyway we can change between the two or does anyone know another program that can crack my gamma?
  2. Gesiah Elder

Most video cards have a control panel where you can change your gamma. I know both ATI and Nvidia allows such modifications. In the Nvidia control panel go to 'Adjust Desktop Color Settings' and adjust the brightness / gamma to meet your needs. I do not have an ATI video card at the moment, but the way you change it should be similar. If you want to accomplish this through windows - go to display --> screen resolution --> advanced settings and click on the color management tab.
  3. AlmarsGuides Augur

Yes, they're max.

EQ used to push gamma past the maximum a monitor could possibly go, I loved this feature.
  4. Gesiah Elder

Ahh okay gotcha! Well for that, I cannot help you (yet). I thought the patch notes said they were offering a legacy version of the Display Controls, but I have not logged on yet to play with it.
  5. Caell Augur

Alt+O, Display Tab, Advanced button, tick Enable Windowed Gamma.
    Geri_Petrovna likes this.
  6. Geri_Petrovna Augur

Was even in the patch notes,. But I still have a hotkey to say it in game, and almost worn it out already. Do people not read any more?
  7. Caell Augur

This is a rhetorical question, right? ;)