Is there a trick to deflecting meteor on skyfire mission?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mezz, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Mezz Lorekeeper

In the mission 3 people get a clicky item that creates a green dome. When the red circle shows up, you click it, get in dome, and then still get hit by the meteor. Is it buggy, or is there an additional mechanic that I am unaware? That meteor kills more people than any other mechanic in the skyfire mission.
  2. DaciksBB Augur

click the shield in the middle of the meteor to block it
  3. Mezz Lorekeeper

Does group then need to run to green dome?
  4. Riou EQResource

No
  5. Lianeb Augur

Think of it like the green aura absorbs the meteor. Keep in mind it possible to have two meteors on top of each other and the aura will protect from one.

Once the aura is clicked in the center of the red decal the group can stay in that decal safely
  6. svann Augur

or for the group mission you can just move out of the decal. theres lots of empty space
  7. Drakang Augur

Trick is figuring out quickly, 1. your in the red circle, 2 find the center of that red circle and clicking the shield there.
  8. svann Augur

As soon as you loot it put it on a hotkey space with a keybind.
    Thrillho likes this.
  9. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

To the OP, you're not understanding how it works.

You can either avoid the circles altogether, or you can "deflect" one by clicking an aura in the dead center of the decal. You do not need to be inside the aura yourself. Basically, if the aura is placed correctly, you could be inside the meteor decal at any spot and you won't take any damage. The caveat is that there can be overlapping decals (so if two are overlapping, you could correctly click one, but still take damage from the other).

Think of it this way, the meteor is "landing" on the center of the decal. Two things can happen, it can hit the aura and "bounce" away safely, or it can "land" and explode damaging everything in the radius shown by the decal.

If you get a little on the ramp (up higher) it may be easier to tell where to click, as the decals go in and out of geometry. How much of it is hidden by geometry is another clue though, since that depends on the z-axis spot it has selected as the center. For example, if it happened to choose the bottom of a small depression, most of the decal could end up hidden under the ground. If it chose the top of a little hill, the entire thing could be visible.
  10. Sindaiann Augur

I like to envision myself as Captain America when I click.

I stand up and click and then get in a pose with an imaginary shield above my head and when my GINA trigger goes off for a successful meteor block I explode out of my stance and rip my headset from my computer, trashing everything in my wake.

[IMG]
    gotwar and Thrillho like this.
  11. Lily Augur

I thought he was asking for the achievement.
  12. Aurelio Elder

I think this is a really bad designed game mechanics. It's very hard to find the center of the circle also because of the uneven ground.

In the raid version its even harder and also meteors are overlapping.
    Yinla likes this.