Is there a thread for bugged/broken named?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ninelder, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Ninelder Augur

Is there a thread for buggy or broken named? I have been camping a named for 12 hours straight during double named spawn and i got nothing. Wondered if there was a thread on this to both check and see if this name is on the list or add it if it isn't.
  2. Aurastrider Augur

Depending on the named you are attempting to spawn double spawn rate will provide little assistance. If this is an ultra rare named doubling your chances of spawning them is still going to be ultra rare. Personally I like to go after the more common named during these events especially if I can hold down multiple place holders for different named. Think of it in terms of basic math with the understanding that the spawn rate for each named is different.

Ultra rares will be closer to 1% chance to spawn so even with double spawn rate you are only looking at a 2% chance to spawn them.

Rare 5% chance to spawn so this would go to 10% which could still take several hours.

Uncommon 10%, common 25%, and very common 40% chance to spawn.

*Please note the percentages listed are not real but are meant to give you an idea of why increased spawn rates does not guarantee a rare spawn. Its for this reason I tend to go after the common and very common named because I can almost always guarantee something will spawn after each clear.

An example of a zone that might take you several weeks to spawn some of the named is Sarith city of Tides in the VOA expansion. There are a couple of named that will almost always spawn and a couple that I still have not spawned spending a couple hundred hours in that zone mass clearing trying to spawn them.
    Fanra, Gyurika Godofwar and Andarriel like this.
  3. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Rage! Why aren't I getting near 80% named spawns on almost everything?! Aurastider told me it would happen.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. Aurastrider Augur

Clearing the right camps you can get closer to 100% chance of spawning a named if you can kill fast enough. Not 100% of the named will spawn but nearly 100% of the time one of the named will spawn which is damn good. Spending 4 hours I was able to spawn over 30 named a couple nights ago. This is the only time when I actually farm gear for my trader any more.
  5. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Which named you looking for? finally finished bloody kithicor that was no fun lol. now working on korafax and be done with SoD :)

Andarriel
  6. Ninelder Augur

It was the diseased infested rat in PoD nothing special about it, finally got it to spawn after 18 hours. Makes me think that maybe the double spawn rate doesn't apply to older zones. Shrug. Now I am dealing with the still broken after 15 years PoJ trial of torture.
  7. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

ah I didn't have problems getting that mob but a sengian fly took a good while this was before double spawns. not looking forward to poj long list.

Andarriel
  8. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

One thing you have to take into account is some old mobs are just really, really, really rare. I've spent a few weeks camping certain old world names. If I got several hours I start getting a little paranoid double checking the obvious - am i in the right spot, clearing the right thing, if there's even a ph known, etc. But sometimes, you are doing everything right, your just unlucky and the mob isnt holding up its end. :)
  9. Vanrau Augur

I think I remember seeing a dev comment that old world mobs don't receive the bonus due to the spawn technique they use.
  10. Ninelder Augur

Looks like the Povalor quest to get int the aeryn dar caves is also broken, and since one of the named spawns back there once again hunter is impossible. They really should of put some thought into these, I am killing named that drop loot that aren't on the list and weirdly random trash mobs that drop nothing that are on the list to often. Big Fail on this one DBG.
  11. Tatanka Joe Schmo

"Looks like the Povalor quest to get int the aeryn dar caves is also broken"

Really? Since when? I did it not that long ago while working on PoP flagging for Artisan's Prize.
  12. Ninelder Augur

He took the parts and gave me nothing back. If I cared more or it was just this one thing i would bug it. But its loads of problems so....
  13. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I believe the older rare mobs indeed used to not get the bonus from these events, but when they went back recently and added in all the hunter achievements for specific NPCs they were properly given the "RARE" flag (visible when you /con them) that now allows them to benefit from increased rare spawns.

I think Ngreth or one of the devs said as much when some of us were doing the initial testing of the classic hunter achievements but I can't find the post at the moment.
  14. Cavall Journeyman

You can use an Eye of Zomm (or similar spell) to click the rotating door to AD's lair, and it will open while it will remain locked if a player tries it. Keep in mind, you can't port down into AD's room and the cave behind it unless AD is actually up at the time.
  15. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

adetia and Bobbybick like this.
  16. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Just started this hunter achievement in pov. used eye of zomm to get past door and dragon was actually up so I killed it then went to the long cave I cleared once and last mob on 2nd clear was the an ungainly beast. now having trouble getting a razorfiend subjugator to spawn. but yea ive notice a lot in these hunter rare mobs that drop stuff aren't in them and way to many times these rare that are in hunter drop absolutely nothing. there just rare trash and nothing else.

Andarriel
  17. Ninelder Augur

Thanks that did the trick to work around this broken part. You have anyway to get around the bugged Trials in PoJustice? 3 days straight of uselessness.
  18. Aurastrider Augur

What about the trials are bugged? I have done all planar progression in the last month and did not encounter any bugs. The trials were pretty strait forward when I did them.
  19. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Same for me when I did them earlier this year.

Ninelder, read all the comments for the quests in question on ZAM. I did that when I was doing my PoP flagging, and it really helped. Maybe you're running into something that's been identified, and everyone just automatically works around it? Worth a look to see.
  20. Ninelder Augur

Not all the mobs spawned the first time i did it, it just bugged out. The trial would not progress since i had not killed the 4 mobs in a wave, there were only 3 to kill. After waiting for them for a half an hour I gated out. Then went back and tried to re-get it 2 or 3 times a day for the next 5 days and it said that the trials were already underway. When they brought down the servers a couple of days ago It allowed me to get them again, and luckily I got the named and no bugs.