Is there a Suggestion Forum

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by LadyQuake, Aug 22, 2021.

1. LadyQuake Elder

Hi

One thing I would like to see is a Search facility on quests in achievements.

Someone says "TA to Restless assault" or any others, you can search if have.
    I know you can link the link, but only like 1 in 100 do. I do not remember where the tasks are if move onto something else, so have to flick through trying to find whatever tab its under, especially if from an older zone.

Not s search is there like that I am missing?

Shirl
    Angahran likes this.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

No search but the achieves are organised by expansion and zone and quest/mission so finding them manually is actually not too bad.

A search would be nice, but that adds to server processing which is at something of a premium so it has to be really worthwhile to justify doing it.

People are linking the related achieves in chat a lot more often than they used to though so situation is improving all the time I think and most players are quite aware of what achieves they miss or need to get to complete a zone.

And even if you don't need a TA for an achievement, they usually have XP and currency rewards, though you may need to enter the zone to receive them and currency for type 5 augs is often in high demand.
  3. Iven the Lunatic

4. Froglok Augur

As for the actual title of this thread... I think it would be great if Players could have a way to suggest things -- with a level of DETAIL -- to the Devs.

Maybe a Forum where all threads are hidden, unless you started the Thread yourself. This will prevent a bandwagon of Players jumping in to distract / dominate the conversation.

Each Thread will require a Dev response (ask for details / clairification / discuss / etc.) and / or it can be closed by a Dev with a stated reason (all ready suggested... too basic / generic for consideration... not possible in game parameters... too time consuming with little benefit... a good idea placed on backburner for future considerations... this is all ready in-game in some form... this is a topic for the Bug Forums).

A suggestion for "I would like to see 'X,' please," would not be sufficient to to merit a Dev's time to go any further than just closing (locking) the Thread. However, a well thought out, logical, bulleted, sensible and detailed suggestion....
  5. Act of Valor The Newest Member

I'm pretty sure if this happened and I was a developer, I would be telling my boss that this is my two weeks notice.
    Stymie, Szilent, Elyssanda and 3 others like this.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I doubt the Devs have even 1/10 th of the time necessary to support this idea. Even the bug section has random responses from random dev or whichever employee has time apparently. :D Yea yeah I know they all work on something different.

Blocking other players from posting in response is counter productive since many of us have knowledge or can pull up quotes with answers to the suggestions by Devs in the past. Although this does get out of hand by a handful of players who feel they have inside info or a direct number to a dev or they have been in the game so long they feel what they say is the rule. That is why I like posting links for backup to my views.

IE: the second suggestion from the op in the link below about an /ach is answered by a fellow player and does not need a dev response BUT at least the op has an answer now whereas in the above scenario it would have just been locked with no explanation.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/where-to-post-suggestions.263468/
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  7. Tucoh Augur

I'd like a suggestion forum where each paid account can make one suggestion per month and it has to be five words or less.

My first contribution: "make follow no stucky"

8. Nennius Curmudgeon

"Need
    Need pizza now, deliver please.
  9. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Delete Vah Shir from game.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Not a good idea, that forum would just be full of hundreds of threads asking for the same stuff and if you want dev responses on each thread they aren't going to want to keep posting the same thing.
  11. Nennius Curmudgeon

Bah. Put leashes on them and keep them near scratching posts.