Is there a list?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Numiko, Jun 15, 2016.

1. GrugSA Augur

I think he is Carl.

Could you explain why out of era raid mobs know as Ancients with out of era loot is being left in the game?
  2. Galuvian New Member

To keep this thread on track, my friends are telling me that the Idol of the Underking is also getting removed. But I don't see it in Prathun's list on page 1.
  3. Aenoan Augur

Pretty sure that is in era, it just had a focus added to it, when things like BAMs got a focus effect added to it. http://wiki.project1999.com/Idol_of_the_Underking
  4. Brurus Journeyman

With all respect, I'm aware of why MotM and other current mechanics/nerfs are in the game. My point, or question, is if this loot is one of the many 'out of era' adjustments that justified implementing MotM, why change it?

My issue is with the lack of consistency in direction these changes seem to take. Are changes done to make the phinny server a more classic like experience? Or to make a more balanced and challenging game? Or to appease forum users?
  5. Aenoan Augur

That makes no sense. The loot left in has nothing to do with MoTM. It's things like the buffs to baseline spells from live and other hardcoded buffs in that fundamentally change the core game play of classic and helps w/ the prevention of players abusing certain mechanics - See Pet walling.
    Prathun likes this.
  6. Fibgirl Lorekeeper

Are you removing them from players inventory or will they just stop dropping?
  7. Prathun Developer

This loot is not one of the reasons why MotM exists.
    This loot was removed because its power level is inappropriate for Velious group gear.

Many of the items introduced in 2003 with the zone revamps were already restricted to LDoN. The inconsistency is that some were not. This inconsistency was corrected.

Yes.
  8. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

LOL
  9. Brurus Journeyman

Thank you for the reply. Any more questions would go off-topic.
  10. bodes Augur

I am more than happy to explain! If you recall the lore behind Sleeper's Tomb it's a story of Jaled Dar attempting to trick the mortals of Norrath into awakening the Sleeper. The original intent of the story was that once one server had awoken the sleeper word would spread across all servers that it was a trap with absolutely no upside and the rest of the servers would allow him to slumber and just whisper about the poor souls of Rathe server who fell for the trap.

Unfortunately the playerbase didn't "get" this part of the lore and he was eventually awoken everywhere for various reasons. A mostly empty zone is obviously pretty useless so the devs went back and re-tuned the lore and the zone to have appropriate dragons and loot for the era and be a fun raid zone once again.

Same thing happened when Sky was retuned for the Kunark launch, but remained a classic zone. Same thing happened when Chardok was retuned in Velious, but remained a kunark zone on TLPs. If you compare it to those two zones and apply some critical thinking I'm confident you will make the same assessment.
  11. Jaime Lannister Augur

They just stop dropping.
  12. Catashe Augur

See Prathun thought he was clever and thought we couldn't read ;)
  13. PhinTank Journeyman

Since an out of era item was pictured in a previous thread, and that item was not removed, you either missed an entire zone, or that "recommend level" item isn't out of era. I'll take your word that you got all the wrong items out of the game.

Or we will have a 2nd "yoink" of out of era items in a week or 2.
  14. GrugSA Augur

Weird how that era "appropriate" dragon loot has drops for disabled quests because they have Luclin era clickies and stats. It's almost like that loot was designed to be on par with lower tier Luclin raiding, not SoV raiding.

But lets check how those amazing out of era group content items stack up vs SoV group content drops

Out of era
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=25151
    In era
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=5534

Oh dear it appears the in era group content robe is better. Well so much for the theory that ST 2.0 loot is allowed to stay because power level.
  15. Prathun Developer

At this moment there are 141,342 entries in the item database.
    For the 2003 zone revamp changes in today's update we changed the drop requirements for a subset of 67 items. Of the remaining 141,275 items, it is a near certainty that some are available earlier or later than would make the best sense for a progression server. We will continue to adjust things as we are aware and as we have time.
    Darchias likes this.
  16. bodes Augur

If you poke around the boards a bit you can find the dev posts about the Crusaders and their quests including why they are out of era and when they were removed from TLP. All of this content has been reviewed and discussed by devs previously so there's plenty you can read up on if you like.

I understand some of this is confusing if you are new to Everquest but as the expansions continue to unlock on Phinny I'm sure you will start to understand the itemization better and become less confused =)
  17. PhinTank Journeyman

It is just odd that you wouldn't search for "recommended level" on in-game items to see items you've missed. You just took the most popular ones out. I thought for sure a few specific items would be removed, since one was linked and pictured in a previous thread, about out of era items.

To be clear, I am okay to farm items that I think will get removed in a week or 2, right? Since people who farmed Velks loot this entire weekend, because they knew it was being removed, did not get in trouble.
  18. mackal Augur

Can I have a file that's the item links for all 141,342 items :p
    Prathun likes this.
  19. bodes Augur

Doing this would remove a bunch of items that were in era and had recommended/required added later. For example, look at Club of the Ice Ocean. We all remember it being in the game and a very popular weapon during Velious. It has a level req:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=4003
  20. PhinTank Journeyman

this is why i specified "recommended level" and not required level. I know about the club. But, I can't seem to find a single recommended level item that is in era.

Also, I was suggesting using that search term to find out of era items. Not a blanket "removal all items that say XXXXX on them". But, if 99% of the recommended items are out of era, wouldn't you think it's a good idea to start there?