Is there a group finder?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by ArystosRenwick, Jan 4, 2024.

1. Dre. Altoholic

Elaborate?
  2. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

A Dungeon Finder (WoW) is NOT a "Group" finder of group needs tank / heals etc. WoW has a Dungeon Finder to bring players to a specific shared dungeon run, and they really mean RUN.

LFG tool is looking for Group where players can sort this out for static zone grouping.

They are NOT the same thing, or even concept.
    Rijacki likes this.
  3. Dre. Altoholic

What would be common to both:
    1. Neither meaningfully exist currently in EQ.
    2. People would use both if they were well implemented.
  4. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

My point was about people playing the "Other games have it" card when they're referring to a dungeon finder, not a group finder for static zone grouping.
    Rijacki likes this.
  5. Dre. Altoholic

I'm sure it would be a challenge to produce a functional dungeon given EQ's fragmented population of boxers, raiders, servers, etc. But I also think EQ could do a lot better when it comes to providing opportunities in 10-30 minute bites instead of hour+ commitments.

Making such into a group finder instead, might not be any more complicated than adding a checkbox.

And double hooray if the /LFG person, upon receiving a group invite, gets a popup asking if they'd like to be teleported to the group's leader!
  6. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

I am not a fan of a cross-server or even same server 'dungeon finder' that puts together a group just for a single dungeon/HA type thing.

However, it would definitely encourage using an LFG tool to create groups if the tool included a way to immediately join the group or at least go to the succor point of the zone the group leader is in after the invite. Sadly, it could be abused, but the helpfulness in legit uses would likely outweigh that. But, it would need a cool down at least as long as the Throne of Heroes or possibly longer to mitigate the potential abuses.
  7. Mercy New Member

Why dont people use /lfg ? Tons of them do on Teek and the latest TLP, but not live. Makes returning to live very difficult as guilds often have people who dont match my immediate level range and I am looking to play with PUGs and people around my level. Very odd that the feature exists but no one uses it; Yet I know there are lower levels hidden around norrath and its just hard to find them... how annoying :(