Is there a general information site available so I don't have to bother you folks all the time?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Finfan, May 1, 2018.

1. Khaliss Augur

the OP said he is a non-paying (F2P) player... I can confirm that you cannot acquire AAs no matter what level until you pay subscription or use a krono. My alts stopped getting AA xp since I haven't krono-ed up the past week, it's okay since I just dinged them to level-110 by purchasing RoS expansion for each toon.

My suggestion is once you reach level 60, use a krono or start a subscription, then keep leveling, but enable Autogrant AA so you get free AAs as you level all the way to level 105, or 110 if you purchase the RoS expansion.
  2. Captain Video Augur

F2P players can earn up to 250 AA points without subscribing. Silver F2P players can earn up to 1,000 AA points without subscribing. AA caps can be increased by purchases in the marketplace without subscribing, although it can get to be quite expensive that way. Common practice is to subscribe for a month and get all your toons on the account to auto-grant themselves as much as possible in the course of that month, as once you earn them, you keep them even if unsubscribed.

Mechs begin earning AA XP much sooner, at level 20, albeit at a slower rate. The first AA points can be spent on a couple of things at level 20 as well.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and moogs like this.
  3. A_New_Cleric Journeyman

Actually .. yes.

Let me explain.

My cleric follows Rodcet Nife in Qeynos. She gets good prices with the merchants in the building who sells the cleric spells (right outside the spaceship). I sold the Moonstones to Kragie Rolana who conned Indifferently to me, and got 1s for them.

When I went to Ironforge (next to the bank) to sell items after I loaded up on Moonstones from a quest, Meera Lylon there conned kindly and the prices I received were lower than at my guildhall area, 8c. No changes to CHA or anything else.

So yes, there does seem to be some faction rigamarole affecting prices.
  4. Crystilla Augur

Not sure if someone mentioned it but if you are on a free account, there will be a limit to the # of AA you can "purchase". The workaround is, once you're at a level where you want more AA, pay for 1 month for the game or farm plat for a Krono and buy from someone in game, use "autogrant" to get as many AA as you can because you go back to free, you'll still get to use anything you have; you just can't purchase more.
  5. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

To expand on these posts, there are some abilities which are found in the AA window which either have been put there to make the abilities easier for the Devs to manage and expand (Lay on Hands/Harmtouch and other class specific abilities that needed to scale) or have been changed from a normal bought AA to an AA which everyone was then granted at a lower level for free.
    There are 3 factors that come into play regarding the prices of items. First and foremost, all merchants have a range of prices at which they will buy an item and a different range for which they will sell it. Second, the better your faction is with that merchant the more they will offer to buy something from you and the less they will ask for you to buy it from them. Third and most important, your charisma will determine another amount that they will reduce or increase their offer depending on if you are buying or selling up to their best price for buying or selling. The best price at indifferent is typically reached at 104 or so, with a few exceptions. By the time you get to the 180+ charisma range you will typically be able to get the best price for regardless of what you con to the NPC (as long as your faction is high enough to interact with the NPC). These Charisma points are also lower within your home town.