Is there a cap to banked merc AAs?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tatanka, Mar 7, 2021.

1. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I'm not 115 yet, but have all the relevant AAs for my merc maxed. Was thinking about just banking the AAs til I hit 115 (instead of spending them on AAs I don't care about), but don't want to lose any if there's a cap.
  2. Nennius Curmudgeon

At level 115 the cap for banked AA's is 230. Twice times level.
  3. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I think the cap on Merc AA's is 20?
  4. Tropi Elder

merc aa cap is 20 or it was at 110 when I didn't relies it and wasn't getting any aa for like a few weeks
  5. Zynt Augur

It's still 20 unless it changed with CoV.
  6. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Thanks. I just spent 4 I didn't care about, because I had 20 and thought it should have been more than that. Thanks for confirming.
  7. Nennius Curmudgeon

Pardon my stupidity. I completely missed the merc part. I am getting old.
  8. Vumad Cape Wearer

The cap during ToV was 20. As far as I know, nothing has changed. This was only an issue because of the Merc XP rewards associated with ToV progression.
  9. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I had never let it get over whatever my next AA choice was, before. It's only come up now because I can't buy any of the ranks I want now til I hit 115. So I was letting them pile up til I get there (should be later this week).

Oh well, best laid plans and all ;)
  10. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Just to confirm, it's still 20 with CoV purchased.

Probably could ask for a limit raise to 30 since max purchase was raised to 14.
    Nniki and OlavSkullcrusher like this.
  11. OlavSkullcrusher Augur

I would second that motion. I have run against the merc AA cap before while waiting for a toon to gain the levels required to buy the next rank of something useful.
  12. Visitor Augur

I put AA into the class- I use most, and spares into other types of merc. No idea what merc or mercs you use, in my case it is a variety on each character. For boxing is either a Healer or Tank, depending on what is best for group, preferably a J5, however, if i send a toon farming low level trash, I use an A5 tank, just as effective at 1/4 the cost. I do not collect race mercs, just one of each type and the cheapo tank for trash farming.
  13. Fenthen aka Rath

20.999 is the merc AA banked limit. Spend any of them and the next kill gets you another merc AA.
    Veteran_BetaTester likes this.
  14. Coagagin Guild house cat

Have three of four merc types completed (18/18) and about to start the last merc slot - caster. Doubt the cap will go above 20 but will find out soon enough. From that point I will put the points into my tinker alt on the same account. Not that any of that matters but I would like to see the fabled 'Master' level mercs come to fruition.

- Coag
  15. Tatanka Joe Schmo

How exactly does one put merc AA points on one char into mercs on another char?
  16. Varillian Singer of Bad Songs

Maybe his Merc-XP comes from Overseer-Tasks.
    Veteran_BetaTester likes this.
  17. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

"Just for men Dwarf"
  18. smash Augur

I would actually not mind when people:

Get max merc aa, TBL then the merc would open up, so you could buy a Master Merc rank 1.
    Max merc AA at cov, then you can buy rank 2.
    Max merc AA in 2+ expansions time, you can buy rank 3.
  19. Tatanka Joe Schmo

That's possible, but the main will still earn XP, no? Either XP or AA XP, but both generate merc AA at the same time.
  20. Coagagin Guild house cat

No AA experience for the character, only the merc receives AA experience. Good replenishment from raids gone bad. Otherwise, once your merc(s) and you toon is maxxed out there isn't anything to gain so I will be pushing my rarely used alt(s) on those accounts.
    Tatanka likes this.