Is the nerf to flame lick aggro intentional?

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Orxbane, May 27, 2017.

1. Orxbane New Member

As the title suggests, I'm curious whether the lowered aggro component of flame lick is intentional or a byproduct of the DoT tampering that's been going on.
  2. Chaosflux Augur

The damage component had all yo do with the aggro.

It's an AC debuff.

The changes over the years to debuffs might be why it's different then you recall, it could also be operator error. On Phinny and Quarm I had no problems holding aggro with Flame lick.

Haven't messed around on Agnarr.
  3. Orxbane New Member

Well it worked as expected when I played on Ragefire, seems to not have the same aggro effect now on Agnarr. And I'm aware that the AC debuff was what really angered mobs, but it is also a DoT and those have been messed with. EQ seems to have interesting code and lots of unintended consequences.

But thanks for being a condescending . God forbid I post a question on the developers forum.
  4. Chaosflux Augur

There's nothing in patch notes about it and nothing changed on the spell file.

Though to be fair I noticed on my Paladin Flash of Light didn't produce the same aggro as it used to (alt on a live server so had aggro meter).

So you could possibly be on to something, but unless a dev actually answers, we have nothing to go on other than your Jboots are slower now.

Keep in mind debuff aggro is dependent in mob hp total as well (similar coding to pre Hate override paladin stuns).

Good luck
  5. Schadenfreude Augur

The aggro from Flame Lick was hugely reduced on live servers many years ago, many debuffs most noticeably snares had their hate reduced around the same time.
  6. Zinkeh Augur

Flame lick on Agnarr definitely does not have the same agro effect that it did in classic, on phinny or on P99. It still works, but no where near as well. It used to be castable velcro.
  7. fransisco Augur

Flamelick agro got nerfed back in PoP.
    Just like disease cloud for SKs.
    Sony didn't like that hybrids had such high agro spells that cost such little mana.