Is PoWar worth it?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zantor, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Ravengloome Augur

I have access too both castles, and have done a couple named. Group geared tanks handle this zone just fine.
  2. Falos Augur

How many groups, how much support, and which named?

Though to be fair

http://eq.magelo.com/profile/2827872
    You do have your class raid weapon from rof :p (but mostly group geared yeah).. unless that is someone else I dunno.
  3. Trajet D'Or Augur

Slot 4 on the weapon, raid version is Possessed and Slot 8.
    Iila and Falos like this.
  4. Falos Augur

Doh, stupid me, serves me right for posting after staying up super late :p Ok my mistake, thanks for pointing that out! I coulda sworn i read possessed in the weapon name but I was mistaken!
  5. Zantor Augur

Why do you think I afk a lot, sometimes it is for 5 mins, sometimes for a few hours. Some days I don't even log on. But when I am on during the day yeah I usually AFK a lot. If they keep this zone the way it is, thats fine, once I get the 50 AC aug, probably be done with the zone, as i'm sure others will be once they get what they want out of it. If you and others like you want to stay in a zone like that, is upto you, just stop trying to say that everyone like me are idiots for not being like you. But sure in a few months especially after the Anniversary events are over, will see a huge decline in zone population. Cause of the zone mechanics.

We are trying to state opinions on what we like and don't like about the zone. Not to try to bash people for it.
    CaptAmazing and Dzarn like this.
  6. Ravengloome Augur

Havent updated that magelo in awhile, but for.the record I tanked it woth my paladin. I do have a Blue tower on her but otherwise pretty much the same gear. Any other thoughts? Have done Gyrup, Heart, rulfnor, judi, kirjarl, and one other one i cant recall.
  7. Smallpox Augur

Agreed completely.
    Loratex likes this.
  8. Zaknaffein Augur

.I LOVE the fact that you can't use pets to tank in this zone. I like that the game is forcing people to actually use real tanks and real healers and real pullers, that you can't just box everything here by yourself (at least those boxers who don't use third party programs and cheat) and have to actually socialize and interact again with other people, maybe even outside of your usual clique or friends. The DT mechanics are nice too so people can't illusion through or coh past doors. I'm thoroughly enjoying the beefed up difficulty this zone is offering us.

As to needing a stonewood bow for progression.. sucks and causes drama but that will eventually balance out, hopefully. I think they could have added another option for the bows. Maybe use the bows that have materials from devestation zone with the battle bow cams, sort of ties into Rallos zek theme still.
    Elricvonclief and Kreacher like this.
  9. moogs Augur

This zone is exactly what EQ needed. A back-to-basics nutslap. Please leave it as-is, with minor tweaks rather than scrapping the new mechanics that players looking for a challenging social old school experience have been hoping and waiting for.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  10. Tharrg Augur

Imagine if they designed an entire expansion to the same mechanics etc that this zone has.... So many complained that the new expansions were cut and paste copies that provided no actual challenge and people were boxing too much... so imagine an entire expansion that makes boxing near impossible and people have to group to survive... ?
    moogs likes this.
  11. CaptAmazing Augur

I hate the fact you can't use pets to tank named in this zone. Hate it.
    Smallpox likes this.
  12. moogs Augur

Sounds a little bit like Underfoot. I had a really hard time with it when it was current (besides the boomerang game), but it was very fun and still challenging to box with a friend at level 90.
  13. moogs Augur

As a semi-retired hardcore player, this zone is probably too much for me to box on my own. And I love that you can't either. Love it.
  14. Marshall Maathers Augur

And I love that fact :)
  15. Tarrin Augur

Is there any other class that can easily fulfill multiple archetypes, and excel?

You are a dps class. You still excel at the DPS role in Powar. I don't see the problem.
  16. Tharrg Augur

It shouldnt be a problem... however so many players have become self reliant and focused on such a small part of their character as a whole that they become very defensive when that play style has a perceived threat. They do not want to change, they want to keep there style of play.... yet these players tend to be very vocal in the criticism of casual players. Its quite interesting.
  17. Marshall Maathers Augur

1. I never said you were wrong. I assume that as long as you weren't lying, you were correctly stating your opinion. Hard for that to be right or wrong.

2. It is always nice to be wanted, I treasure this one zone in all of EQ where that can be the case. Mages and necros still play very important roles in the zone, and I actually have not yet grouped beyond the wall without at least one mage, and I box a necro. They haven't lost their appeal in this zone outside of tanking named.

3. I don't know where raid gear plays into any of this. One could argue that being in raid gear that I have the lease reward from this zone. One could argue the pros and cons of low risk low reward vs. high risk high reward, and I bet you would have to agree to disagree in the end.

4. I am glad you found no joy in the NTTB changes, but this is not comparable in any way. If you agree on any level that mage pets should not tank raid targets (you would lose complete credibility if you say otherwise) then why should they tank mini-raid bosses, ie multiple group named?
    Elricvonclief and Imableeder like this.
  18. Ravengloome Augur

What if, What if, What if

The dev's realize this would be contrary to what the majority of the playerbase wants. They've done it before and they admitted it blew up in their face.

HOWEVER if they released the 2nd half of COTF like that, or a few zones per expac that required us to you know group that would be awesome.
  19. Ravengloome Augur

Good luck getting the 50ac aug... Grandmaster or a chance of 1 in 10,000 with multiple other items sharing that possible slot to drop.
  20. porky Augur

Best idea for this is to change it to any planar bow. That would still fit in the "PoP type" expansion and split up the bow hunters so that they aren't all fighting over 10 mob spawns, hating each other and having a horrible time.