Is it time for DGB to admit they don't care about AFK Bots?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Arraden, Jan 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

They either need to fix this or give up on open zone content and instance everything. Playing in open zones is no longer fun, when you have a botter who appears at the named the second it spawns.

Sorry but I'm not killing PHs for someone else to swoop in and kill the named that spawned from it.
    Barton, Arraden and Ashigaru like this.
  2. Ashigaru Augur

Exactly what Yinla said: if the cheaters aren’t getting banned for warping (and I’ve reported a couple now too), then move away from open zone and towards instances. Maybe everyone won’t be happy - but people won’t be quitting and DBG still gets their income from bot armies
    Arraden likes this.
  3. bigpapa Augur

DB could send the cheaters a one way ticket to :

------------>>> ZEK ( pvp server )
    Arraden and Brohg like this.
  4. Mesil Lorekeeper

And it just happened again right now on Antonius Bayle Server in GMM. Same Botcrew as always. I spawn Tatters, he warpes there and kills. He has a second Crew in the only instance that is avaiable. So please, how am I supposed to play?
    Arraden likes this.
  5. Aurastrider Augur

You cant train them and risk getting suspended, you cant join them and use the same software and risk getting a ban so the only real solution is to just beat them at their own game I guess. If enough people are having trouble with this guy why not fight fire with fire and form an open raid of sheriffs to just kill everything this guy is camping. Having multiple groups just sit at his camp and "dps race" him is not against the rules and might run him off once he realizes he cant compete against multiple groups. I know it sucks to have to resort to these measures but this might be the only option that players can take without risking punishment themselves.
    code-zero likes this.
  6. Tappin Augur

I am not promoting this, but I disagree - training them and offering revives works great. You do take a chance at getting ban yourself, but they will more than likely not report you because they are cheating.

It's not cost effective to hunt down everyone who cheats. People even get away with bypassing true box and those servers.

I wish there was some way to deal with this, but there isn't unless DB is willing to spend the cash.
  7. Trainer New Member

I don't think it'll be an easy task to out-DPS THREE (or more, who knows) GMM geared, DPS optimised groups with mages, wiz and zerkers with CCers (chanters and bards).
  8. code-zero Augur

Actually a sort of rolling open raid would do more to discourage this guy than any amount of training. If you elect to just train-train and train him every time he comes back you're sure to catch a ban but I suspect that videos of a raid out dpsing him and distributing the loot would have a lot of satisfied viewers
  9. Tappin Augur

Most cheaters will not report training. It's always a risk, but oh well (I do recommend any train anyone period), Raids give less exps.
  10. Trainer New Member

This guy does. Apparently he periodically upload to youtube and take down the vid after a day or two.
  11. daBlubb Elder

yes, he does report people. its already in this thread. he linked a video where a monk was training him. In the same video (which is deleted now) you could see the scripting software. there was a yellow text over one of his chars saying leader etc. The cheater send his video to dgb with a clear proof that he is cheating and the monk got supended for training, not the cheater.
  12. Arraden Augur

I would love a response from DGB - just even to say it's a moot point.
  13. Tappin Augur

Just play the game like you normally would. If pulls parts of your pull and kills himself that is his problem. If he accepts your revive, well that is his stupidity. :D

You shouldn't purposely pull a dozen mobs and FD in front of him. Jeez...
  14. svann Augur

Again, if he is able to report you then he isnt afk.
  15. Thash Zoner

Isn't the greater question whether a person is botting, than specifically at what moment? How much of a day is really used up responding to audio triggers from tells or screen text? Again, while not physically playing.
  16. Arraden Augur

He recorded people when he realised he was being trained to death... i.e. he knew what the players on the server was doing and therefore wasn't afk for that.
    He has definitely been afk camping.
  17. Tappin Augur

Who cares if you screen captures you and reports you. If your playing the game like you normally do, and he pulls from your pull or camp and dies, that is his fault. Make sure to apologize and offer a revive. I never been suspended or banned for someone else's actions. If you are purposely going to pull and dump mobs at his doorstep, then you will get burned.

A real group can take out more mobs than any of those scripting programs could. Pulling a half dozen is normal and doable by most groups, but death a bot group.
  18. Aurastrider Augur

This may be true but since it sounds like they are spreading out their army in multiple areas it would force them to load the deck and bring them all together which would significantly slow down on what ever agenda it is they are trying to accomplish. Plus it much easier for multiple groups of real players to spread out a bit and start killing every trash mob in sight killing multiples at a time. I doubt any botter is going to be able to keep up with the pace of several real groups. They might snag a mob here and there but overall its going to cut into their groups xp and the bottom line for them. Again its just one suggestion that fits into the rules that will at the very least irritate someone like this. Will it put an end to them or run them off for good? Probably not but at least those who want some vengeance can get it while playing within the constraints of the EULA.
  19. Horyuken Augur

In the TLP section the top 4 posts are all about people botting and scripts, might want to consolidate to that section.
  20. Trainer New Member

From my personal encounter with him, he never pulls an engaged mob or named. Pretty much the only way to train him is literally pull more than he can chew, but then again, from subscribed to his youtube channel, I know there is at least one member per AB raiding guild (AD,SoD, AoU) who did this and got suspended.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.