Is it still possible to explore old content?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Locustic, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Locustic New Member

I stopped playing back around when Luclin was new and never had a high enough leveled character to check out the more interesting locations. I played on and off a couple years back when it was possible to use illusions to move past locked doors, but was more interested in leveling up and checking out the "new" stuff, and the last time I tried it seems this no longer worked.
    Lately the nostalgia's been hitting hard and I've been wondering if it's possible again to go through the old expansions, back when locked doors without keys were a thing, without having to go through the pain in the lower lower back of having to set up a box, level, and equip a character specifically to pick locks.
  2. AcemoneyFV Augur

Make a class that can pick locks, buy the Heroic and you can go solo all old world content with no problems.
  3. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

yea make a rogue good dps picklocks very well and have shroud of stealth.

Andarriel
  4. Lianeb Augur

The answer is no.
    No you cannot illusion through doors.
    That was a long post for that single question
  5. Locustic New Member

You may notice that "is illusioning through doors a thing again" was not the question.
    My original post acknowledged that, if you had read it instead of glancing at it before the adderall kicked in.

My hope was to not have to make another character, but if there aren't any lockpick-like items usable by non-rogue characters, or an AA for it, or all the doors haven't just been opened wide because no one cares about anything except raiding and all the old loot is garbage now anyway, I suppose I may have to.
  6. Whulfgar Augur

There are less then 20 doors that require lockpicks.. in all of old content.

Yes. Old content can still be explored..

I cant even believe this is a thread.
    Cadira likes this.
  7. Locustic New Member

Yes yes, small problem doesn't effect you in particular therefore it's non-existent.
    Thanks for bringing a constructive comment.
  8. Whulfgar Augur

I've done travellers on warrior shaman druid enchanter 3 zerkers 3 wizards ..

But you can keep thinking what you want.. as if that's hard to do open lock pickable doors..

Those pesky things are literal game breakers.. I feel your pain..
  9. Wuddane Elder

There is an item you can obtain in the dead hills that can assist anyone with lockpicking, disarming, and a couple other actions (based on what slot it is equipped in.) Sorry, not logged in atm so I can't recall the item name or the npc that you turn the items into. But such an item is there..(I think there is an achievement associated with the turn ins, to give you somewhere to start looking for what I speak of =p)
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Locustic like this.
  10. SunDrake Augur

Quite the attitude.

What people are trying to tell you is the number of locked doors is very insignificant. You'd literally have to go out looking for a locked door. I know of 3, and the odds of you needing to pick those are pretty slim. Not having Lock Pick will in no way hinder your exploration, heh.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Whulfgar like this.
  11. Locustic New Member

Attitude gets attitude back. I admit that it's a small thing, but it's the one that's bothering me now. There are several places that either need a picked lock or a long time farming keys, and a small selection that just plain don't have keys. I does indeed hinder, otherwise I wouldn't bother asking about it.

Thank you Wuddane for giving me a real answer and a place to start looking. I greatly appreciate having at least one answer that isn't either useless or "not a problem for me, I got mine so frig off".
  12. SunDrake Augur

MmmK, buddy. If you say so. Welcome back to EQ, though. Always nice to add more friendly folks to the mix. :cool:
  13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

The device Wuddane speaks of is The Ambleshift's Automated Archaeological Antiquity Analyzer and you get it by turning in drops in level 75 and up DH zones. I have one, completed but it has never unlocked much for me.

I made a rogue cause when fabled roll around each year I want to be able to get to the fabled guys that look like snake/lizards in SSraeshza Temple. And City of mist for so many quests/epics.

Not sure if the rogue will be up to it come March but I dumped my bard since he kept singing the wrong song.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  14. Lianeb Augur

It also doesn't work on doors. Unless you can target them to the cast the item
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  15. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Have you considered not cheating?
  16. Scorrpio Augur

I just made a Heroic rogue for this on one of box accounts. Came in handy a few times.
  17. Fluid Augur

I think you need a lock picker for the Magician Epic if you need a reason to have a lock picker. I ran a Rogue up mainly for Lock Picking old world content like this. Truly horrible Epic to do for every reason Epics are horrible!

I also put lock picking on a Bard. IIRC the locked doors that can be lock picked are all below the skill level a Bard can get to. It could be a problem on a True Box server<cough!> but doesn't come into play on a Live server what with CotH and boxing type stuff.