Is it overpowered when...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by FcsevenXIII, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fransisco Augur

who is saying shining armor? I was referring to the abilities that give them percent based lifetaps (like mortal coil). As well, I specifically said I wasn't advocating a nerf, as a willy nilly nerf would impact their tanking abilities
  2. Explicit Augur

Was not you who mentioned nerfing Shining, was Doktartp
  3. Xeladom Augur

Gotta love when one of the 3 classes that can load up a merc and take out VoA named in t3 and t4 cry about people killing light blue mobs.
    Vouivre likes this.
  4. Summul New Member

No. And yes, you are blind. Blinded by the tears in your eyes.

Look. If you want this game to be entirely vanilla, where everyone is entitled to every class ability and everyone is allowed equal rights to mindlessly grind out the same boring AA's day in and day out in the name of "fairness", than please, keep on whining and crying for the nerf bat to swing. This cry sacking is a big part of why we have spread sheet mechanics, itemization and "tasks" are now "quests" with all the creativity and intrigue of running to the local Circle K to pick up a gallon of milk.
    Buds and Dexar like this.
  5. Nedrom Augur

Monopolizing areas of a zone or the entire zone is against the EULA. Bummer.
  6. doktartp Augur

Any change would be viewed as a nerf, but you could simply put a 200 hit limit on a 8 minute buff and it still beats the socks off the standard vie line.

When this was live we brought up the potential, ran parses, Was taking 35k DPS from mobs and not even close to dying.

Granted its no where near the power of those abilities, but still in the ball park.
  7. doktartp Augur

Before shining the only option was a DMG capped vie at the same %, it would be recast many times during a raid encounter and wear off quickly. I know I used to have it loaded on a regular raid basis.

Dont grab your pitchforks just yet, the paranoids are not attacking.
  8. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

The rangers you are referring too (the one who can mass slaughter Feerrott in no time) have real gear checks and lots of AAs. The guy with no AAs and no gear cannot even do a loop of the small camps before they start respawning.
  9. gcubed Augur

The easiest solution is to remove 15 classes from the game. Poof, gone.
    Vouivre likes this.
  10. Cakeny Augur

They'll just find something else to cry about.
    Vouivre likes this.
  11. Noobieguy Augur

Instead of complaining about another class, get your boosted, these OMG they are SO OVERPOWERED threads are dumb. Lets get everyone else nerffed instead of getting my class better! Fix your own freaking class and stop whining.
    Buds and Vouivre like this.
  12. SOE-MOD-04 Augur

Locking this topic up. While it is not an outright Nerf call, the discussion has devolved. Please refrain from using words such as 'whining' or 'crying' when posting to the forums as it is considered trolling and/or flaming and not permitted. Any future discussion on the topic should be presented in a constructive way. Thanks all!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.