Is it overpowered when...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by FcsevenXIII, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FcsevenXIII Augur

One class in particular can kill the entire Tosk zone? Anyone else see a problem or am I completely blind?
    Orablast and Amaranth like this.
  2. Moklianne Augur

Don't worry, I'm sure SOE will sunset swarming of all kinds. You just have to be patient.
  3. Vouivre Augur

Yes, all the whining and crying will pay off I'm sure. It usually does.
    Xeladom and Dexar like this.
  4. Fenthen aka Rath

There are a few classes that can kill the entire zone at once (SK, Cleric, etc), and 2 or 3 that can run over them as they go (Ranger, Rogue, Berzerker).

Get in the easy exp while you can. ;)
  5. Drathos_BotS Elder

Only if a warrior without merc can do it is it overpowered... See Shakerpaging
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  6. Amaranth New Member

YES!!!
    Nothing worse than one class in particular monopolizing the entire zone - even if you were there first and not hogging everything. If they want to take over, then they most certainly will. And it's happened. Yet headshot, decapitation and assassinate are the "overpowered" abilities? C'mon.
  7. Kirbane Augur

im still sad bard swarming was taken away while i was not playing, you know swarming was hard work, much more reliable than trying to molo 1 spider and then dieing :*(
  8. Vouivre Augur

C'mon, let's stop whining about things you really know nothing about. Won't matter anyway since Eli has been whining about swarming in general and abilities such as headshot for a while and whining and crying always wins out now. And the next target will come up, better hope it's not your class next.

Swarming in general is much more dangerous and takes a lot more effort and preparation than any of the other mass killing skills. Regardless, they are all getting removed probably and that leaves us all free to find the next overpowered skill and start making requests to have it "fixed" next.
  9. Recnarp Augur

I used to whine about those classes.

Then I made one.
  10. Buds Augur

Yeah it's great when other classes get nerfed, everyone wins!! Delete this thread its a class nerf thread and again this the rules. God I hate when people ask for nerfs to a class!!!!
    Dexar and Vouivre like this.
  11. Vouivre Augur

Exactly Buds. These are the same people who will cry and scream and whine when the nerf bat heads toward them and act like everyone should defend them. It's pathetic.
    Dexar likes this.
  12. FcsevenXIII Augur

I did not mention any specific class. I'll let it stand and people can interpret and draw their own conclusions.
    Orablast likes this.
  13. Vouivre Augur

What a cop out.
  14. Orablast Elder

I must admit, it is fun to mass slaughter an entire zone in seconds, but it should only be with trivial mobs.
  15. Falos Augur

Does that mean that red cons in group content should be killable in 3 hits? cause to me trivial mobs = anything not contained in a raid instance. I'm a necro and I can solo pretty much any named mob in the game without a merc, in fact just yesterday my pet solo tanked a city of bronze named mob like it was nothing.
  16. Fenthen aka Rath

Wow.
  17. doktartp Augur

melee swarming is often harder due to gear checks to do then ranged swarming (rangers) which has no real gear check and minor AAs.

The only real way to put these things in check is to put a hit limit on things like sk2.0/lich/shining/what ever lines that self generate healing on a per mob basis.
  18. fransisco Augur

Chances are SK swarming will never change.
    SKs are beneficiaries of percent based abilities. Several of their abilities give them a percentage of life as a tap and such. They do not depend upon a special killing AA like rangers and berzerkers.

In order to stop SKs from being able to swarm, several of their abilities (and possibly epic 2.0 too) would have to be nerfed.

I doubt there will be that lvl of nerfage for SKs (Which would significantly effect their ability to tank).

Its understandable why this nerf is happening for AA farming, but it is sad that the most disruptive farmer will probably never be stopped. I'm not jealous of SKs, but swarming is far more disruptive. You cannot even be in the same half of the zone as an SK, or you get trained.
  19. Explicit Augur

Nerfing Shining Armor may be the most completely stupid thing I've ever heard. Sure, it can be used for swarming but it's HEAVILY utilized on raids for the mitigation buff it gives (Let's face it, Vie is a garbage buff).

Adding a hit counter to SK melee-leech disc and 2.0 would, however, put a damper on -solo- swarming. Any tank can pick up a cleric an pull an entire zone, though
  20. boukk_sebilis Augur

Nerfing 1 ability would be enough to nerf sk swarming badly (not that it should happen).
  21. fransisco Augur

I wasn't saying to nerf sk, though in my post I was thinking mortal coil.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.