is it just me or

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sobmre, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Aurastrider Augur

Between the worse boss I have ever had in my life getting me to look for other employment options and the nerfs in EQover the last couple years the game is almost a distant memory to me. It sucks for my virtual characters but for my real life toon it's the best thing to ever happen to me aside from the birth of my children. Short answer is yes these unfun changes do push players away. How you respond to bad changes is up to you. Take that ten pound sack of horse crap you have been given and plant a garden or place it next to your pillow and complain that your house smells life animal manure.
  2. Sobmre Augur

I just want to see some patch notes that would make me think MAN THAT'S GREAT.....not just another wtf why change this or that......that Fing sucks........and that has been going on for years now
    Venalin and Zunnoab like this.
  3. Bobokin Augur

Exactly

... and then we get to see more players leave the game. Out of the six main players that are not family that I grouped with most over the last year, only two are left. My kids stopped playing saying, "It just isn't fun to play EQ anymore." People from my guild have left because they were tired of the grind that just wasn't giving them any rewards.

Instead of making the game more fun and more of an adventure, we get nerfs, "rebalanced" zones, and cookie cutter items, spells, and aa's.
  4. Lianeb Augur

Aren’t you a paladin?
    How about those heal changes that were also mentioned?
    It’s human nature to gloss over the good and forget about it like it was the norm. While always remembering the bad, FOREVER!!
  5. Warpeace Augur

Not if they were relying on Fade to pull.
    Sobmre likes this.
  6. Zunnoab Augur

Edit: Also, consolidating feedback is a good thing. It's something I liked about the Bethesda boards leading up to Skyrim, a very strict one topic per actual topic rule.

The perception problem is a different subject than the actual nerfs though. I think the devs need to be more aware of just how prevalent the negative attitude towards upcoming patches is, as if it's a surprise when it's something that makes the game more fun. The reality I'm not saying is all terrible; it's the perception that is the problem and hard nerfs are the cause of that.

Yep, it is a perception problem big time.

It is a problem that this is a more common attitude about patches, than a positive attitude, from what I see in game. It's almost a wry humor about what will be made worse in a patch. It overshadows the many positive changes. It's a problem they should take very seriously.