is fippy the best place for returning player?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Beezelbub, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Beezelbub Elder

I am looking for a place where my brother and might find others leveling to level up with. Wish eq could adopt wow cross realm function for lower leveling zones granted i know there is no where near enough money coming in for a server overhaul like that but one could dream.
  2. Geroblue Augur

My advice is to game on multiple servers during the times you want to game with others. Then pick one of them.

I'll just mention I have characters on all of the blue servers. I don't like the early game of EQ.
  3. Nolrog Augur

IIRC, WoW does cross realm for instances only. Not for regular open zones. I'm not sure how you'd go about doing that, unless you moved all zones below a certain level to a single server.
  4. Habeeb New Member

It's actually all zones that have cross server functionality.
  5. Mixolydian New Member

While a nifty idea, IMO, the problem with cross server zones the way WoW implemented them is the complete destruction of community. Partially because people don't worry about getting a bad rep as it is unlikely they will ever see the other people again let alone need to trade with them (because they can't). And if you meet someone you liked grouping with but you forget to friend them it is unlikely you will ever see them again if they aren't on your server.

As far as answering the original question, I just restarted on Fippy and I find that there are a lot of LFGs in general chat for lower level players as well as "hey you are in the same zone as me lets group" OOCs.

Since they seemed to remove the XP restrictions from the early days of the server, getting levels is much easier especially with the "starter gear" you get in the tutorial. Then the light at the end of the tunnel is there is a far higher percentage of LFGs for the 60+ crowd.
  6. Machen New Member

To answer your original question, Fippy is a decent place to start, especially if you have a partner to play with. It's not hard to level up to the point where there are groups to be had, and it's fairly easy to catch up to where you need to be if you want to raid.