Is EverQuest worth returning to?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by The Riddler, Jun 30, 2018.

1. Shredd Augur

Bristlebane has a large population of folks and guilds for new starters.
    Shanarias likes this.
  2. Telkiney Elder

I love the people that say it is grindy in Today's Everquest LOL >< Today's everquest ... too grindy. Wow.... did these folks not play in 99, 00, 01 ect? When it took like a week if you were lucky to get a lvl in the 50's? I was in a group last night in FM and a dude got 2 levels in 4 hours at lvl 106 ><. The other day we had a lvl 96 in our group in RoS Howling Stone just eating up the xp.

I can not understand how people can't find groups at any level unless they expect them to just magicly appear or just shout into the void LFG like they can't send tells or something. /who all X X is your friend ( /who all 80 90 (shows everyone between 80 to 90)
    Conq, CatsPaws and Shanarias like this.
  3. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Awesome. This post is full of awesome. And you can be, too!

Grouping up with total strangers is more fun today than it ever was. The only people left playing are people who truly wish to be here, enjoying themselves. It's a riot, especially when a RP'er joins. Good times, they be a-rollin'.
    Moone and Shanarias like this.
  4. Thexder Journeyman

Just because it is faster today doesn't make it any less grindy. It took a long time to get a level in 1999, but there are 110 levels now and you are also doing it mostly alone. If your argument is that the game is not grindy now, then you really have no business commenting on the forums.

What server are you on? On my server there are hardly any players below 105, and the few that are, are twinks or boxers that rather play alone. Grouping is extremely unlikely until the high levels.
  5. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

The more we understand one another, the more we can help one another. The greatest compliment you can give another person is get to know them. I make friends based on who they are, not what level they are, what guild they're in, or what class their character is. Because of this, I never have a shortage of people to group with, regardless of level.

All that being said, I would LOVE to see a Mentoring system like EverQuest 2 has. I love playing my main, and would so very much enjoy being able to group with any level player at any time and everyone gets experience.
    Moone likes this.
  6. EddySpaghetti New Member

I'm currently playing the game on a TLP cause live servers are ABSOLUTELY dead for anything less than 100. If you don't have RL friends in the game, its prolly gonna be a waste of time on live. You are so optimistic that it is actually a turnoff of the game all in itself. If all you can sing is praise of the game then it only comes off as BS. The game needs a 100% server merger. ALL live, regular rules servers need combined. Every single one of them. TLPs need to stop coming out yearly. Cause as soon as they make a new one, the old ones are empty.
    They will continue this business model, adding as little content as possible to keep people happy and continuing buying krono (which you need at higher levels if you want the gear/mercs/etc) let alone all the krono on TLPs.

Dont sugar coat the game. It's a dead game with the core 'evercrack' players still playing. That is it. I still love it, but I've snorted the evercrack since 1999
  7. Mintalie Augur

Pick up groups can be hit or miss, but in my experience since returning from a three year absence about three weeks ago is that the good far outweighs the bad.

Definitely you have to join a guild, and use the LFG tool, and ask for help in general. You can also ask for people LFG in whatever zone you want to xp in. All of these methods pan out some of the time.
  8. Galactron Journeyman

I came back three weeks ago after a long hiatus. I would recommend a TLP server. Unless you can box like I can.
  9. moogs Augur

Here in America we call it, "See you next Tuesday".
    Moone, IblisTheMage and Mintalie like this.
  10. Nifty Slacker Augur

I think the game is fun, unique, and mechanicly deep. It's challenging, and old, filled with nostalgia and adventure. OP, find a guild with helpful people and get leveled up. Try to keep a stiff upper lip when daybreak nerfs and punishes players for no reason. Playing with your new friends will be worth it.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth and moogs like this.
  11. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Thanks for your response.

You don't have to agree with me. But I won't permit you to dilute my fun with your pessimism. You aren't having fun. Got it. Point made. But that's a YOU problem. Not an 'Everyone Else' problem.
    moogs likes this.
  12. IblisTheMage Augur

Lol!

Had to look it up...
    Mintalie likes this.
  13. Telkiney Elder

If you are doing it mostly alone you are doing it wrong. And ya the game is not grindy now, It doesn't matter if there are 110 levels or 1000 levels the point being even at the highest levels you can still get at least one a night in honest leveling makes it a far cry from the grindy days of spending a week to get from 51 to 52 ect. If we want to factor in AA I can get several ranks of AA's a night, Every night when there is leveling or AAing to be done I can get some progress done and feel a sense of accomplishment in the form of a level or a few hundred AA's ... thus ... Not grindy. But thank you for telling me I have no business posting here just because you disagree. Perhaps you shouldn't comment here if you are just looking for a echo chamber of people that only agree with your opinions.

I'm on the Firiona Vie server. It's the highest populated live server and I stream online and have proved many a times it is possible to get groups with strangers in the 30's 60's 80's ect levels very easily if you put in the time and send a few tells. In my opinion if you are doing it mostly alone, it is by choice as you are not making any effort to find a group.
    Caell likes this.