Is EQ worth investing money into in 2016?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gyurika Godofwar, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Dark Phoenix Rising New Member

eve online is quite good as a change of pace, if you can meet people. There isn't really a solo game though
  2. oldandnasty Augur

Could always /testcopy your characters to test server and play there. I think you have to buy the xpacs but it was free all access last time I looked.
  3. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

I already play on Test. As of now we have TDS without having to pay but we haven't heard whether we will get TBM at some point after EoK launches or if they plan on changing things up again.
  4. moogs Augur

This might be the first time that I've not pre-ordered an EQ expansion. Not that I don't want to play; I've been Gold on 3 accounts and haven't had much spare time to play for the past year. Still haven't visited any of the TBM zones.

I'm pleased to see that some of the change requests and bug fixes reported in the Daybreak Issue Tracker have been followed up on. I wish players would contribute to that more than they have already.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  5. iVALADYANx That's a Necromancer

i have one sub, and 2 f2p. u can krono one or both to aa then unsub again. tbm grp gear is non prestige.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  6. Briken New Member

in my opinion when the EQ blues hit. I try to focus on something I have always wanted to achieve years ago, then once complete think of something else that I find interesting or wanted but never had, finding entertainment is different for everyone, and sometimes I find that even trying to complete achievement's is fun in its own way. as for investing in the game. as long as you are enjoying the game why not? people also subscribe to magazines for the same cost.... this game has far more entertainment value then any magazine. its just another way to look at it. hope this helps!
  7. Bigstomp Augur

I'm paying a reasonable price (far cheaper than a bar) for entertainment. EQ is dieing. It's been dieing since 2001 according to many. They're now owned by an investment company who will milk what they can. That's a good thing. They're keeping devs employed that are keeping us happy, not diverting all our money to EQ next.