Is DBG actually restoring lost items due to rollback via petition?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zhutuak, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Uumdano Augur

So I logged in to check to see if there has been any restoration and lo and behold I got 1 Kith morningstar back on my alt shammy. Still missing another on an alt druid and both molten cloaks.

No emails or follow ups on the tickets saying they were resolved or the reason I got 1/4 of what I was looking for. In fact all of my petition ticket history has been purged from the data base apparently.

I do not know if I am using the petition function correctly but it seems I can not make a petition for each account, I am only able to send one petition with the information regarding both accounts as to what needs restoration.
  2. Kumiko_Lockjaw Elder

My RL brother just got his PP and monk quest robe back. He has ticket 150727-907.
    I have 150727-830 and i am still waiting. So ticket number has nothing to do with it, it looks like.
  3. Agrippa Augur

I logged out immediately after the glitch, like we were supposed to, and was rewarded with a 48+ hour rollback. Those 48 hours cost me over 3000 platinum, a pair of GEB, a BAM, a Mammoth Hide Cloak, and a finished Testament of Vanear, among other things. I put in a petition and my wife and I have since recovered the GEB and Mammoth Hide Cloak, along with some platinum. Yesterday, a BAM was parceled to me and my petition was closed out. I was left hanging on most of the missing items and platinum.

I have opened a new petition and linked the old reference number. My character's log file was too large to attach, so I went through it and copied the pertinent information to the petition. It was fairly late at night, so instead of going through and copying the coin looted from every ice giant that I killed in those 48 hours, I used Gamparse. I understand that these things happen and it will take some time to replace everything, but I hope they put some effort into it this time.
  4. Beggly Augur

Roll backs are a pain in the neck. However, I can't complain much, I only lost a serendipitous drop and a pile of minor items. My heart goes out to people who lost more. Maybe they can help you and maybe not, but unfortunately, one of the realities of playing internet MMO's is that sometimes data gets lost, changed, or rolled back.
  5. Uumdano Augur

Well it seems when I log in each account and check the service history, it is the same for each account, which I find strange. I have also sent two petitions regarding reimbursement and have still only have the 1 morning star to show for it. Neither one of these petitions is showing up in the history on any account.

I have made a third petition which is represented in my multi acct history below.

Lockjaw rollback
    150731-000618
    Updated BY Customer
    07/31/2015
    JC bug?
    150611-000305
    Solved
    06/11/2015
    Chat Session
    140829-000846
    Solved
    08/29/2014
    all access
    140829-000814
    Solved
    08/29/2014
  6. Croak Augur

7. fazool Augur

I got my items back via parcel. No comment or word or reply from anyone, not even an update to petition the ticket. Either they were so busy they were just restoring items or, possibly, not in the mood to deal with me (I got a time-out forum suspension for raging at DBG.)
  8. Kumiko_Lockjaw Elder

While waiting at CL wiz spire, one item after another popped at my cursor.
    So i finally got my kedge robe back and feel better now.
    The 2 BD earrings i got back, didnt have any stats, but im tired of petition.
    And the GM was tired too, it looks like :)
  9. chris_the_mage Augur

still waiting on my petition to get answered and get my things back
  10. Zdrop Journeyman

I got every single item I lost back today and closed my ticket. It took a total of 7 days from the time I did a /petition.
  11. Croak Augur

I am currently going around in circles with GMs - they are expecting me to provide them with exactly what I lost.
    I can't do it without knowing the exact time each of my toons were rolled back to, and it is then going to take me 2-3 weeks of cross-referencing everything.

But then it is still going to only be an approximation because of things like:-

[Mon Jul 27 05:04:53 2015] You lacked the skills to fashion the items together.

At 3-400pp per click that doesn't tell you what was consumed.
  12. Croak Augur

GM Dunbar has now resolved all issues for me. It wasn't a 1 for 1 replacement as we couldn't determine exactly what was missing in a reasonable amount of time.
  13. Zdrop Journeyman

Good to hear! Now, start making Idols again :p