Is DBG actually restoring lost items due to rollback via petition?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zhutuak, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Zhutuak Augur

Not totally true Zdrop, at least in my case. I four box, I have a main lvl 50 4 box and 2 alt four boxes, all on LJ. was playing the lvl 30ish alt box, I farmed two Kith morningstars w/ the level 30 crew for my wis casters, I then moved them to Sol A and farmed Gabby for 2 Molten cloaks, sorry Jacobs.

I also moved my enchanter and cleric there for buffs and rezzes. All of my level 30 toons that looted things were rolled back, the enchanter and cleric were still in Sol A.

Makes no sense.
  2. Zdrop Journeyman

They have only one choice, restore the server to an exact state that is was 2 days ago, including deleted characters, take Lockjaw down until the all the bugs are worked out and don't open it until it's ready.
    squidgod likes this.
  3. taliefer Augur

if this is true they need to fix this, and stop the transfer process before it begins. or the problem with out of era spells and gear spreads to ragefire too
  4. Zhutuak Augur

So much possibility of them making things worse with their track record, I have little to no faith left in this company. Friends I have made early on in game are already long gone, I myself am refusing to log back in till fixes are made in both the rollback and the hypocritical pseudo pnp raid rotation policy. If they are enforcing pnp for one segment of the population, it should be enforced everywhere. imho
  5. uk6999 Augur

It is what it is. I went through a total of 10 gabbie spawns over a 2 day period or roughly 8-12 hours ( lost count ) to get that one cloak. Not to mention the other items.

I was all sorts of mad at first but realize now they either they will restore my items or they won't. If not then ill move on to the next game and I can certainly tell you I won't be back. In the mean time I am just trolling the forums and checking my petition every few hours. Good luck to everyone else who lost time, items and/or $'s and trying to get them restored.
  6. Bandok Augur

Yeah, I can just see it...

/auc WTS Puma, 10 Krono each. PST.
  7. Zhutuak Augur

It is interesting we are both here to support each others claims, I picked up the camp after jacobs and was the beneficiary of his hard work, 2 Gabby spawns, two cloaks.

I have no interest in putting in 8-12 hours over roughly two days to attain one of those cloaks back, we all have been victims of the rng. This is why the double experience means nothing and I am not logged in to benefit from it.

It was the wrong solution to two massive screw ups.
  8. Jarith Lorekeeper

I suspect that if their office is located in the PST timezone then the people that actually know how the database works have just had their morning coffee. The employees that "resolved" it last night probably only have a limited set of tools to work with and don't know if there is anything more useful to be done thus they've been silent on the issue.

Hopefully we'll get a more complete response today once people have been able to dig in to the database, even if it is a "yeah, you're out of luck, sorry".
  9. Croak Augur

The biggest difference is consistency
    With a crash all toons get rolled back... you might lose a few items/loot in that time.

With the rollback they did, selectively you could (as I did) have 1 toon trade a large amount of pp to another and for that pp to disappear totally if the first toon isn't rolled back in the same way as the second.
    When you expand that over a whole server you have a cluster____ even though you might think it is a kindness.

If DBG plan to manually go through every account (that wasn't found to abuse) that was online at the time of the incident and restore lost items/skills etc then great, but I don't think they will ultimately do that.

I have a petition in... I am down a ton of materials, pp and have no idea of the real status of any transactions I have undertaken over that period.
    I don't care about the 2 levels my baby druid druid gained fairly quickly in SolA, I do care about him dinging 300 in baking.

A clean rollback of everyone and I could have just repeated the transactions, manufacturing etc (no benefit of x2 exp for tradeskills) and been not significantly worse off.
  10. khariste New Member

Crisis management can be handled many ways, but it doesn't need to happen in a vacuum, and indeed not communicating can make it worse. If DBG has faith in their community managers, they should be allowing them to discuss frankly and at length what has happened, what should be expected, and what players should be doing.
    Elkay likes this.
  11. Cajun Caret New Member

Very much this. I've given up on a restore, mainly because i've heard people say that they are getting reimbursements on x and not y and z. So I began reselling items to recoup my plat. I am expecting a reimbursement of krono lost at minimum. At least tell players effected what to do to smooth out the troubleshooting for customer support.
  12. spazo2224 New Member

Would be nice to just hear Anything. Kinda depressing that all the out of era stuff is floating around.
  13. bobjones1208 Augur

I logged in last night to exp, but after all the chaos I decided against it. I will wait a few days for things to blow over, because I don't want to get stuck losing xp/gear in another rollback which seems imminent at this point.
  14. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I heard players can reacquire their coin, experience, items, krono and/or fun through gameplay.
    Elkay likes this.
  15. spazo2224 New Member

This post is not about items and exp it's about the spells and other stuff here that shouldn't be. But thanks for trying to still the pot I guess?
  16. Rhiyannon Augur

ironically enough all the crashes in rage, people would lose random time/items/xp, even if they logged in and grouped etc at the same time beforehand. their system is fubar'd
  17. Zhutuak Augur

Much like their decision making.

I am expecting us to not hear a thing from DBG and the dust will settle where it may. The cost of doing incompetent business I guess.
  18. Frenzic Augur

I don't know where else to post this anecdote, this will do.

I had a good friend of mine start playing on the tlp servers recently. He was not familiar with the rules, but was excited for the huge populations I told him about. He logs in last night and were on voice chat.

Friend: What the heck man? Only 40 people in commonlands
    Me: Are you sure? Maybe you're in the other pickzone and not prime.
    Friend: pickzone says I'm just in commonlands with commonlands 1 having 10.
    Me: do /who. Sometimes the pickzone counter is wrong.
    Friend: yea man, 40 people!
    Me: impossible! It's always well over 100! Let me come check. What's your character name?
    Friend: soandso
    Me: soandso is not online...
    Friend: I'm right here in commonlands...
    Me: do you see me online?
    Friend: nope lol
    Me: you idiot... You're on lockjaw!

True story
    Very cool story
    Lol lockjaw :)
  19. magione New Member

For those of you that were not online on lockjaw, there is a message of the day that says that if you use out of era gear, spells, You will be suspended. I encourage the community to self inforce this. petition anything that is related an appropriate action will be taken. Together, we can restore balance, a roll back is not the best way.
  20. Finchy Augur

This will change tomorrow ;)
  21. Uumdano Augur

Bump because they are saying to petition, which I have not logged in yet to do, but I have yet to read a post where anyone actually claims to have had their items reimbursed to their satisfaction.

Coupled with them not being able to do anything about all the out of era stuff people still have or apparently the duplicated items they scored AND coupled with the way they are implementing a form of pnp for only a small segment of their player base and not everyone, I do not see me logging back in to even make that petition. Not that any of you care.