Is AC hit going from TBM to EoK non-visibles worth it?

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by mmats, Jan 7, 2018.

1. mmats Augur

I am debating whether or not to "upgrade" my tanks non-visibles from TBM to EoK. It would be a large AC hit in exchange for more hps and heroics.

Is it worth it in group game?
  2. Riou EQResource

Likely, the main problem with going max AC on TBM AC vs TBM Balanced alone, was that your HP suffered really really badly, especially when trash in EoK+ starts firing like 60k DD's and DoT's and such on you
    mmats likes this.
  3. S33k3r Augur

When TBM was the current expansion I tried to work out if my group geared SK should upgrade non-visibles from T1 (with Resplendent Sulstone of the Sturdy) to T2 gear. In the end I was feed up with not using the drops from the various TBM Named.

I swapped the non-visibles and the image below shows stats with T1 gear (on the left) and T2 (on the right). I lost ~1.1k ac (old display method) but gained more HP, regen, heroics.With the new gear I did not notice any negative impact and could still tank mobs as before.

When EoK was released I had a few new augs that slightly improved the stats shown below on the left but I was able to tank T1 EoK named although I did double check for any special attacks. Things improved quickly once I could gear up with EoK items and started working on new defensive AAs.

I suspect you will be fine especially if you already have some EoK gear/AAs.

[IMG]
    mmats likes this.
  4. Tucoh Augur

It's not a trivial question.

I remember keeping my TBM earrings in for a while in EoK, though I did eventually upgrade to EoK versions.

A key thing is that there is an AC softcap that is extended by AAs. You may want to favor AC until you hit that softcap, and then favor the greater HP from EoK gear. I don't know what level that softcap is, nor do I remember if it is easy to find out!

If this post makes things more confusing, sorry. Take heart in the fact that it probably doesn't matter all that much which one you choose, both will be pretty good and you'll upgrade to RoS gear soon anyway.
    mmats likes this.
  5. mmats Augur

Tank is max AA (dont have RoS yet).

I added up stats on all the non visibles for TBM and EoK. Here are the totals.

TBM
    AC:2705
    HP:32175
    STR:44
    STA:11
    AGI:55
    DEX:22

EOK
    AC:2246
    HP:46200
    STR:187
    STA:209
    AGI:220
    DEX:198

Moving from TBM to EoK is a 17% drop in AC, 44% gain in HP, 516% increase in heroics.
  6. Lianeb Augur

You are going to gain AC and a tremendous amount of HP by upgrading to EoK. The heroics are going to push your worn stats much higher than you are seeing in raw values for both hp and ac. If you have access to EoK gear upgrade.
    mmats likes this.
  7. Brohg Augur

No one wearing REMOTELY current gear has been under their class' AC softcap ever in the history of EverQuest. Not since AC softcaps were created in Luclin. You, and mmats, and every single other character, as long as they don't have - being literal here - like 2/3 completely empty gear slots, are MILES past the AC softcap and always have been.
    mmats likes this.
  8. mmats Augur

So basically its best to go with hps and heroics over any amount of AC in all but shield slot?
  9. Brohg Augur

10. Tucoh Augur

Yeah I figured it was that low.

Do you know the AC softcap for a 110 warrior with all the AC softcap AAs?
  11. fransisco Augur

A couple years ago when a dev posted how ac works, didnt he show that the soft cap with combat stability was around 650 ac?
  12. Brohg Augur

welllll

Tucoh likes this.
  13. Tucoh Augur

It's really not that complex, I made this handy diagram on how damage calcs work in EQ:
    [IMG]
  14. mmats Augur

So in regards to the OP, thats a yes?
  15. Wuddane Elder

That is by far the largest amount of blue balls I have seen at once..

Swapping to eok non vis is probably the better option. While you do lose some ac, you aren't going to lose the total 450ish ac difference from your calculations, as it all goes through that formula in a prior post. Removing a ring that has 303 ac, my avoidance ac decreases by 40 and mititgation ac decreases by 140, to give you an example.

However the gains to hit points and heroics are full gains. Increasing heroics by 175-200 ish per main stat will give a nice boost to your mod2's and help your heroics be more in line with eok mobs heroic strikethrough value.
    mmats likes this.