Is 50% more Rares turned on? Rizlona

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Galactron, Nov 24, 2021.

  1. Galactron New Member

    My guild is not seeing this on Rizlona. People camping in WOS seeing a reduction in named if anything.


    Also in POJ the Trial of Torture seems bugged. The trial starts and does not let me zone in really need it for my epic.
  2. Elite_raider Augur

    What if they just have a script that increases the rarest of the mobs in a spawn cycle, so if the named is the most common/potential spawn, with increased rare's bonus the "rare" named becomes even more rare and the non named spawn in the cycle becomes the common mob with the bonus?
    Xanadas likes this.
  3. Machen New Member


    I had a very normal level of named in six hours in RSS today. Other guildmates reported getting more than normal, so might just be bad RNG.
  4. Zipe The Healer

    Just as a reminder of how it works... if a named has a 20% chance to spawn, a 50% increase means that with the bonus the named will have a 30% chance to spawn. (20*0.5+20=30).
    The difference will be barely noticeable, specially on nameds with a very low chance to spawn.
    Skuz, Appren and Arhok like this.
  5. Machen New Member


    Barely noticeable on an individual spawn basis, but if I'm killing a named ph every 2 minutes or less on average for 6 hours (which I was), the aggregate difference should be quite noticeable. Or to put it in more end result terms, since I'm farming RSS just for spell runes... if I spend 6 hours before bonus in RSS and get ~75 named and 25 spell runes, then spend 6 hours during bonus killing the same mobs, clearing the same area, and also just come away with about 75 named and 25 spell runes, it seems more likely that something is wrong with the bonus rares than that the RNG was that consistently bad over that many samples during my second run.

    As it was, I actually got less runes during six hours of bonus than I got during two previous runs of ~six hours. 20 during bonus vs 25 each time prior to bonus.
  6. Zipe The Healer

    I knew that you were aware of RNGjesus, I just made my post because there is ppl that believes that 50% bonus means; a flat 50% chance to spawn a named, meaning, that a named that can spawn 2% of the time, during the bonus can spawn 52% of the time.
    Yes, there are folks that believe that!
    Oh, and I was one of them! That's why I wanted to make sure that it was clear how it works :p
    Machen likes this.