Introducing Raid Builder!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Blastoff, May 19, 2021.

1. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/forum-guidelines.258901/

tsk tsk!
  2. Blastoff Augur

I have added a Classic EQ button to the manage classes page to help people set up their guilds quicker. You may still want to tune this to your own preferences, but I placed all classes into appropriate superclasses and also setup about 50 different class priority combos to optimize the groups.

It should take people about 3 minutes to get this up and running now. Just create your guild, go to manage classes and hit the Classic EQ button, then hit back to create a raid (check fill event with 200 test raiders), build your raid, check in for your now 201 player raid, and finally view your raid to see the magic happen.

I'm considering adding the ability for everyone to share their superclass/class/priority combos with other guilds since they are pretty time consuming to fine tune. This is also just a really awesome feature for the app since I can't possibly hard code class combos for every single mmo that could make use of Raid Builder.
    Wyre Wintermute likes this.
  3. Blastoff Augur

Almost another year working on this on and off and a ton in the last month or two and I finally ran into this bug on Firefox (luckily there was a fix and this only happened on some browsers), hilarious that Google can handle one code base for Linux, Windows, iOS, macOS, Android, and web but spacebars in a text field...rip.

Anyways the reason I'm bumping this post is I have made massive upgrades to the check-in/formation/and splitting functionality. The View Raid(s) screen is now essentially its own multi raid raid tool where guild leadership can move members around. It now also comes with a late check-in and bench section to give control over attendance for EQ formatted split-wide DKP tick for all raids (late check-ins are excluded, bench members are included).

Finally, in addition to the cross raid raid tool, I've added support for members to check in with their boxes. This also forced me to completely revamp how groups are built. Groups are now built using a points system, where each member and their boxes that gets placed looks at each available group and tallies up a group score based on priorities and superclasses. The highest scoring group gets the member and boxes. This has made the way priorities work a lot more intuitive and less knowledge of the actual algorithm should be required to make the priorities work as intended.

Check out the updated usage doc in the first post for a more detailed breakdown of these changes.
  4. Blastoff Augur

I just put together a Youtube video about the raid check-in and multi-raid raid tool portion of Raid Builder(with multi raid eq formatted raid ticks). Check it out!
  5. Blastoff Augur

Raid Builder now has a full blown DKP and bidding system in addition to the raid splitting tool (both can still be used independently of each other). Check out what I worked on this week!

6. Blastoff Augur

Raid Builder recently got a makeover. The new UI should be more familiar and easier to use. Also, auction creation now uses Google vm's and parallel programming to spin up 500 auctions as fast as 10 auctions. Very cool stuff opening the door for more optimization down the road, come check it out!