Intimidation

Discussion in 'Melee' started by webs, Dec 19, 2017.

1. webs New Member

Does intimidation actually work for the berserker? I don't see a buff or anything, or is it passive?
  2. HeatherPurrs Augur

It's a true skill (no endure needed) with an AA modifier. It is passive.
  3. Telkiney Elder

Hi Webs,
    When Monks successfully use the skill now once you have the AA, it applies a debuff on the mob you used it on called "Ascendant's Intimidation". I would assume something similar happens with a different debuff name (likely its "Decimator's Intimidation") for berserkers.

It does not seem to work all the time, if you get the emote "You're not scaring anyone." this is the fail message
  4. Tucoh Augur

Anyone collect any stats on failure rates of maxed intimidate skill vs group RoS mobs?

Should I start farming Vereor Mask ( Skill Mod: Intimidation +15% (68 Max))?
  5. mackal Augur

Yes.
  6. fransisco Augur

Does it fail if the mob is immune to stun? Or does it say it succeeds.
  7. Riou EQResource

AFAIK it only checks fear immunity

It is just a Fear that uses a slightly modified stun code to make the mob "not move" instead of run off everywhere
  8. roth Augur

They must have changed it then, where mobs over a certain level (45? 50?) were totally immune to fear ...
  9. HeatherPurrs Augur

Guildie without testing first used this in HS last night. Do not use Intimidation as it will fear mobs!
  10. Pokeit New Member

As a rogue I have been using intimidate since day 1 of RoS launch. It has never made mob run off it works more like a stun. And the debuff can still apply even if the mob is immune to fear. You just don’t get the stun portion. I think it’s pretty good.
    Atratus and svann like this.
  11. segap Augur

Had they put any AA in to it yet?
  12. HeatherPurrs Augur

Yes, 2. Not sure how that works for zerks.
  13. nicoftime New Member

THIS DOES NOT MAKE MOBS RUN OFF,ITS A STUN, BUT CHANGED TO FEAR/STUN THE MOBS, IT WORKS ON FEAR IMMUNE AS WELL AS STUN IMMUNE MOBS, SORRY FOR CAPS
  14. fransisco Augur

But if the mob is immune to stun but not fear, won't it run?
  15. svann Augur

no
  16. fransisco Augur

cool. That makes intimidation alot more useful