Intimidation Question

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Durbah, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Durbah Lorekeeper

So with the AAs and all that, is it worth skilling up intimidation? How often does it even succeed?

I'm glad it doesn't fear mobs anymore, but if it rarely succeeds im not gonna waste hours of my life on skilling it up. Granted, I'm already up to like 260ish but that's out of i think 500, but i have never had a successful intimidate, so any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.

I don't know if it matters but i play a rogue
  2. Brohg Augur

There is no cost to spamming it
  3. Filter Augur

Brohg didn't answer your question and I don't have an answer either. I do know that I have Intimidation on my mash key and it doesn't hurt spamming it. What I don't know is if it actually helps and it never gives me a message that it landed. On the other hand I don't know if Intimidation is firing something that I'm not paying attention to.... Anyone else know if this skill is procing something like the AA states?
  4. Qbert Gallifreyan

Each class with intimidate gains something just a bit different when aa are invested into the line. Here is the rogue information, since that was the original question's focus. Note that this is at level 110, it scales down for lower levels, obviously.

Intimidation (10) 110 ROG 1: Add Skill Proc: Shadow's Intimidation IX with 32000% Rate Mod

2: Limit Skill: Intimidation
    This passive ability allows successful uses of your intimidate skill to cause your target to take 45% more damage from backstab attacks for 30 seconds and has the potential to seize targets that are 3 or fewer levels higher than you with fear, leaving them unable to react for 10 seconds.

------------

Shadow's Intimidation IX - Target: Single

Resist: Unresistable
    Duration: 30s (5 ticks)
    1: Cast: Intimidation II
    2: Increase Backstab Damage Taken by 45%

-----------------

Intimidation II - Target: Single
    Resist: Magic -1000
    Hate: 200
    1: Stun and Fear for 10s up to level + 3
  5. Tucoh Augur

Yes it's worth using. Throw it on a bind, level it and it'll add a modest amount of damage to your character.
  6. Belexes ForumQuester

Max the skill and max the AA. They fixed the skillup issue for Intimidation and you can skill it up fairly easily now.

Keep the Skill button for it on cooldown. If you are not spamming this AA, you are missing out on DPS and helping out the tank. I have an audio trigger in GINA to tell me when it lands.

The Stun portion doesn't proc a ton, but the damage portion of it does.

This is a big improvement on how Intimidation worked before. Before this, it was pretty much broken and before it was broken, it was really only good for soloing in my opinion.

Any rogue worth their salt better be using it now. What part of 45% damage added to backstabs is not desirable?
  7. Sigpa0s Journeyman

I main a rogue, and Intimidate does takes effect often enough that I notice it constantly.

The stun effect for 10 seconds is great when moloing, as well as grouping. Like Belexes mentioned, any bonus to backstab damage is something every rogue should be working towards.

As for bothering to skill it up, just throw it in a social with /attack on and forget about it.
  8. Durbah Lorekeeper

Lol I finally got intimidation to land today and was excited about it, definitely spamming that for sure. I’m up to like 364/425 or something like that, keep in mind my rogue is only level 98
  9. Astral64 Augur

You really want to put this in your spam key. Not doing so would be a big mistake.
  10. Moldar Augur

From what I know this is what all of the various Intimidates have as side damage modifiers that I know of and what they do for melee classes at max level.

All of them - Chance to cast Intimidation II -- chance to proc a 10 second stun on any level monster 3 levels higher than than your character level (if your level 110, it has a chance to proc on any monster up to level 113, it will fail on any monster 114 or above, or against any level monster that is immune to stuns).

Rogue - Backstab damage increased by 45% (at max level).

Berserker - Frenzy damage increased by 45% (at max level).

Monk - Tiger Claw, Eagle Strike and Dragon Punch increased by 45% (at max level).

Bard - Kick damage increased by 45% (at max level).

From my testing it doesn't seem to proc every time, I believe the "intimidation" skill itself must succeed first, not to be confused with the effect "Intimidation II" as that is its own separate proc.

At this time I do not know of any other skills being modified by Intimidation.

Others may know more than I do.
  11. Snazster Elder

As a monk I'll often get a message that some named or raid mob is immune to fear, which tells me it must be trying to work the rest of the time. What I typically see is mobs will frequently crouch a bit and bring up their hands, paws, claws, etc to clutch their heads like they have a migraine, then they just kinda rock a bit for ten seconds or so, if they live long enough.
  12. Filter Augur

I have the social text filtered to a window I monitor. I have yet to see this proc. Does anyone have the message it gives you when it lands? This is part of my mash key so it's something thats always being used. I've actually added disarm to my binding to get the skill up just for giggles in case they tie something like this to disarm.
  13. Brohg Augur

Soandso succumbs to a shadow's intimidation.