Intermittent Access Issues (July 15)

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Sleppen Augur

What the heck, I tried this. Four packets sent, four packets received, zero packets lost.

There was a time out in the fifth of the 12 items on the trace. The first four appear to be my ISP (which is in a suburb of Houston). The last seven look like a route that goes Dallas --> Denver --> Las Vegas --> EQ.

Does that tell you anything?
  2. Aaric New Member

Gyurika: I did the ping and tracert and there were no problems. I guess my isp is being slow about this so I'll call them tomorrow. What exactly do I ask them? I'm barely sure what's going on myself. ><
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Vearchi sorry to hear it but understandable. I'm not sure why one computer works fine while another is having so much trouble outside of the settings being off somewhere but it's hard to diagnose without being able to see it. If you want I can take a look with Team Viewer from www.teamviewer.com but that requires an internet connection. I could do some diagnosing & then reset any settings & it would then boot me (maybe only briefly) as it resets the network settings.

Sleppen - sounds like that 5th step is failing & may be the cause of your connection issues. Las Vegas is where all SOE servers for all sites & games, logins etc are physically at.

Aaric - have your ISP run their own tracert & ping to any soe site such as www.everquest.com or www.soe.com & ask them why you are unable to log in, giving them a brief explanation about SOE changing their domains & DNS issues this week. They should be able to sort it out if the tech has any knowledge about networking. You may need a 2nd or 3rd level tech instead of the first person you talk to when you call as they are usually just a CSR/TSR type.
  4. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

5. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

The reason no one at SOE is responding or helping at the moment is SOE CS doesn't work weekends so they probably won't have any updates or responses until Monday & they open at 10 am PDT so it may take them a few hours after that to respond once they coordinate with Roshen.
  6. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Here's what your Local Area Network (Ethernet) settings should look like using OpenDNS for your DNS servers.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  7. SwiftArrow New Member

ok, so, out of boredom and for and grins i did the ping (98,98,98,99 no loses) and traceroutes. i get 21 hops from waterford to san diego, travelling north to new hamphire, toronto, chicago, dallas, back up to denver, vegas then calif. oddly enough when it gets to toronto a small lump of poop hits the fan and everything slows down the rest of the way, from 39ms to 97-101 ms. after googling the 2 isp's in the toronto area it seems gamers have hated them for some time now because of the lag they create. atlas.cogentco.com and bar1.toronto1.level13.net.

as for my issues here, this shows at least that i should be connecting, no matter how slow the pings are to the hops. 21 hops nothing lost.
  8. Sheamous New Member

Did you make sure your settings are the same as the picture above & then flush DNS again to clear all internet cache?
  9. Aaric New Member

I was going to call my isp about these issues but decided against it. I don't really care that much, I just regret paying for a month of all-access (now cancelled) before I tried to download the game. Last time I came back I went through a huge hassle as well, though it was due to attempting to recover a very old account. That time I eventually just gave up and created a new e-mail and started from scratch. Since my all access is unfortunately paid up for another few weeks I will check back here and try logging into the game once a day, but there's only so much effort I'm willing to go through when this is the only MMO of several I've tried that just don't work for me.
  10. Miakaa New Member

Looks like login is down or something I get the There was an error in completing your request. sigh. It was fine this morning and early afternoon.
  11. Tual Augur

2/3 of my accounts won't log in. 1 and 2 get an error, but the 3rd one logs right on in. I have nfc what's up with that since they all worked just fine this morning.
  12. Binamren New Member

Having the exact same problem, it says "processing..." when I login then says "There was an error processing your request. Please try again"
  13. Eluwenie Augur

I did this with my computer (the steps I took below) and also read up on a link I will give for those who run Windows 7 the steps will help too. But the website link shows you a lot more info on other OS's:
    https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using#testing

1. Change DNS to google
    2. run cmd prompt as admin
    3. run "ipconfig /flushdns"
    4.run "ipconfig /registerdns"
    5.play eq”
  14. Sheamous New Member

Yeah log in had an error yesterday evening (not sure but I believe it was unrelated to the DNS issues from last week) & had a bunch of people stuck & unable to log in.
  15. Bethelmanaa Journeyman

What a mess this was. Thanks for the two days. But you can keep them.
  16. SwiftArrow New Member

still cannot log in.
  17. SwiftArrow New Member

awesome. a complete day of silence, again. so annoyed i bought the expac this month and my sub reupped the day before the EQ blackout. done waiting. cancelling. bite me sony.
  18. Sleppen Augur

Yes, I'm still locked out, too. I can't get to the log-in server. I've never seen anything like this before.
  19. Aaric New Member

It was Roshens birthday today, he might have had an extra day off.
  20. Grove Augur

I am still not able to get into game. Here is what happens.
    The patcher works fine, in fact, several days ago, the most recent part of the expansion filled in.
    Screen resolves to option to PLAY.
    Click that and an unusually long time passes and that resolves to PLAYING.
    Screen clears.
    Login screen appears with password slot empty and a pop-up mini screen saying "Error - A timeout occurred.
    Fill in password, transmit
    Popup mini screen: "Logging to server - please wait" (Have to be very quick to see this because in a flash it is replaced by the other mini-screen)
    Popup mini screen "Error - A timeout occurred"
    And with those two popups the Login screen is back again with the password slot empty.
    The sequence coded blue will repeat as often as I am willing to proceed.

So, I am guessing something is amiss with the Server Select server.
    What is the address for that?
    Could it be the Log-in Server? Question this, as the game patch performed well. Also, I am able to log-in here, although this log-in may be different from game log in.

Any further help?