Interesting Holly tweet... (Real instancing on No-Box?)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Vaclav, Sep 17, 2015.

1. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Did you expect more?
  2. Laronk Augur

If you're playing a game because you're "invested" you're developmentally delayed, if a game isn't fun don't play it. If you don't enjoy logging in then don't play.
  3. Tubben Elder

4. Skipper Augur

I have a log in issue on an account and it's been six days and counting. I don't think they have anyone working on tickets.
    lockjaws likes this.
  5. lockjaws Augur

There is certainly no one responding to their own support forums. ;)
  6. Zephyroth Elder

On a more serious note, Do you guys believe such server will be viable for a while ?
  7. AlmarsGuides Augur

fippy and vulak are still alive so yes it should be.

If you're asking will a lot of people play there and always play there I honestly don't think so. Not because it's a bad idea, it is a great idea but because of nothing more than timing.

Everyone who plays now has invested 6-8months into their chars, they dont want to start all over again.

Everyone who comes back quit originally for some reason other than boxers. They'll get bored again and quit or they'll log on their old mains to "see what's poppin" and end up falling in love with them again.

The biggest factor that we can't account for is DBG enforcing the no bot/box rule. They didn't want to enforce the rotation, why would they want to enforce this rule? I think if they enforce it then people who really hate boxers as much as they claim they may stick around.
  8. Vaclav Augur

Almost every single one that I have spoken to (admittedly this is anecdotal evidence and skewed by the people that would talk to me on such a subject will generally share wavelengths with me) that quit, did so because of the fact that raid content wasn't instanced or RL.

And the only one of those that can be addressed is planned to be addressed as part of the NoBox TLP, as per the muse that caused me to start this thread - that was later confirmed as a plan officially.
  9. Zephyroth Elder

Are you coming back Vaclav ?
    Daeaorn likes this.
  10. Vaclav Augur

As things stand right now with their plans, yes.

Not sure if I'll bother with it if raid instancing falls through though other options really don't fill the void of not having raid instancing. As we saw even a "good rotation with willing members" like Lockjaw has (or is it had now? sounds like it's continuing last I bothered to check) still can be subject to tons of drama and chaos of it constantly adjusting - especially with no teeth to the rotation being broken anymore.
  11. Lifetap Augur

I'm disappointed that they aren't going with 1 logged in character per human.

I'll play anyway to make some easy kronos now that I've gotten some things figured out.
  12. Vaclav Augur

With all the people planning to do that to buy, and from all sounds of things, far fewer sellers around - I seriously doubt krono-farming is going to be lucrative.
  13. Malachi Augur

Sadly, this will never be the case in EQ for the rest of its lifespan.
  14. Vaclav Augur

Eh, compared to early Lockjaw/Ragefire I meant - I was farming equivalent to 1-2 krono an hour with a two characters on day three myself. (And you can math that out for people multiboxing as well as the wife and I duoed)

Less people will have incentive to sell cheap this time - people saw how quickly they inflated on LJ/RF, people will have less characters to equip (due to fewer bots/alts) - so they should be rarer for sale and asking much more from day one.

I'd be shocked if the first for sale on NoBox goes for less than 2.5k - whereas I got dozens early on for 400-500pp a piece.
  15. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Was a fun time no ? 1st week I used a massive amount of krono's a friend gave me to give me a stupid boost. Was doing so many krono a day from buying an selling I had to stop laughing when a friend asked me how many I had.

I can only imagine I could have had well over 2500 krono if I started with 6 to 12 mages, instead of my guy + a druid friend that I eventually boxed.
  16. Tudadar Augur

Lol , keep imagining.
  17. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Don't need to imagine as I reached almost half that goal myself. ;)
  18. Throndor Augur

This is a blatant mischaracterization. My wizard bot dominated the DPS charts throughout the fippy cycle without using any third party programs whatsoever. That said, I did hear several mentions over the progression arc, of people insisting third party software was REQUIRED to compete at the top tier of gameplay, but I just scoffed at those statements while continuing to dominate with my wiz-box in 2 to 3 expansion dated gear.
  19. Lee81 Augur

This game isn't like the typical P2P MMO. You can create a box army and exploit the currency system. You can spend thousands within this game. Normally, F2P games don't have in-game stores that allows an uneven advantage either. However, you can exploit the currency system and gain an advantage through this. Many people have spent quite a bit of money within these servers.

The consensus is strong amongst these players that they should be able to continue doing this.
  20. TL_KRONOLORD Augur

Lol.