Intangible Defense

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cadira, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Cadira Augur

1: Increase Chance to Reflect Spell by 100%

Can this be looked into? There's a lot of named that cast this or some ability just like it and it makes casters almost completely useless. After the effect fades, it's almost instantly recast, giving casters the chance to maybe get one cast in every 18s.

IIRC the melee equivalent (Don't know name) is a huge chance to dodge all attacks. I believe this can be circumvented by attacking from the rear or at least I remember melee being able to still have a chance to hit the named and do damage on the named that cast it, making it an unfair advantage to melee if the devs are just going for making one type of dps useless for the duration.

Proposed solution? Make the effect last only 2 ticks and not be recast very shortly after it wares off, so casters can actually get in some real damage while still being penalized on that particular named.
  2. Cadira Augur

No one thinks this is garbage?
  3. Monkman Augur

You know how this works,

Feb Patch Notes
    Spells- “water body” (the melee equivalent of ID) now protects the caster from frontal AND rear melee attacks.
    FawnTemplar likes this.
  4. Derka Power Ranger

While it is frustrating to blow a nuke bomb under full burns during that buff, it just makes you pay attention and time your stuff better. Another fun mechanic!
  5. Bumkus Elder

There is no shortage of things hitting melee types in TBL, from damage shields to PBAE. Trust me, it's safer to be a caster.
  6. Syylke_EMarr Augur

The effect itself isn't the issue. The issue is that the nameds immediately recast it, so there's a 2-3 second window where spells can be used. And there's no counter to it other than just not doing anything (if you're a caster).
  7. gotwar Gotcharms

Use spells that are flagged as non-reflectable.

Yes, it's super annoying to run into an NPC with any % spell reflect, but you can still affect them with several spells depending on class.

I agree it would be cool to see larger windows for spell casters to damage these mobs.
    -------------------------------
    Edit: How to find out if a spell can be reflected or not:

Find your spell on raidloot.com, and look for the bolded line:

[57288/6755] Mindslash Rk. III
    Classes: ENC/110
    Skill: Evocation
    Mana: 4940
    Target: Single
    Range: 200'
    Resist: Lowest
    Reflectable: No
    Trigger Spell DS: No
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 4s, Recast: 9s, Rest: 1.5s
    1: Decrease Current HP by 30647
    Cleaves your target's mind with a blade of pure light, dealing up to @1 chromatic damage.
  8. Cadira Augur

Exactly, that's my problem. Casters if they're on the ball can land one nuke in between casts. The melee equivalent is a joke.

Every ds I've seen in this expac can be circumvented with mark, and an experienced player with the spell or a click knows what mobs to be prepared to hit it on.

I think the only thing they need to do is give it a much larger buffer between recasts and everyone would be happy.
  9. Goodn Augur

The spell reflectable: no flag is an interesting read.

As a wizard main, I have regular ice nuke, vortex spell, dissident spell, covenant spell and ae pillar spells. Quick glance at most other casters turned up a small subset of spells for each.

You know what isn't flagged as reflectable: no? Pretty much every debuff I looked for, including tash and malo. So unless the debuffs are timed perfectly, a number of non-reflectable spells aren't getting through the normal resists of a named.

I'm curious if the recent changes in converting aas effect to the actual spells are taken into account when designing mobs that have 100% spell reflect buffs. Probably not.
  10. Beimeith Lord of the Game

There are certain spell types that aren't reflectable either because they were added after the reflect SPA.

It's not ideal, and I agree the real issue is the buff shouldn't be instantly recast. If it's meant to be permanent, then it should have a long duration. Having it be 18 seconds duration and then instantly recast is just a slap in the face (I haven't heard that one in a while, time to bring it back).
    Eaiana and Syylke_EMarr like this.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

If my memory serves me well you should be using
    Cascade spells
    Force of XXX - AAs