Int points now way too low

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kekenewah, Oct 19, 2013.

1. Kekenewah Journeyman

My level 100 wizard with over 8k AA had his Int drop about 50 points with the new expansion. Lower level toons on my other accounts with worse gear and 1K aa now have more Int than my main now. His mana has also dropped significantly due to the drop in Int. Something seems amiss with Int formula with the new expansion.
  2. Axxius Augur

You mean your old gear was HoT/VoA? Welcome to 1 year ago. Heroic stats were dropped significantly in RoF. Because the devs decided they were over-inflated.
  3. Nenton Augur

Base stats, not heroic stats. This whole stupid change might have made an ounce of sense if there was some choice involved where you could max certain stats but not others (e.g. max int but cost yourself stamina in the process) but that's not what happened. We're just stuck with a bunch of stats below cap.

We need more ranks of innate stat AA's since Elidroth keeps giving stat cap raising AA's and the gear already fell behind.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  4. Tarrin Augur

Pretty sure this was done on purpose.
  5. Axxius Augur

Lv 100 wiz with 8k AA wearing RoF group gear has less than 850 INT? You have to be kidding me.
    silku likes this.
  6. Crystilla Augur

What exactly happened to where you dropped? Your info isn't very clear. i.e.

• Just buying the expansion you dropped?
    • What gear did you change from and what gear did you change to?
    • Specifically on what you changed to, are you using the gear marked with the highest hint (since all non-visibles are all all now, if you didn't pick up on that and grabbed the wrong gear, that would explain a large drop).
    • What augs do you have and did you swap any hint out (or don't use hint based augs?)
  7. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

RoF and CotF gear has lower base stats than previous expansions. Regardless of how you gear up you will be ending up with at least some of the desired stats below the cap with no alternative. Almost all of the gear choices in both RoF and CotF that I have looked at have almost identical (if not identical) base stats.
  8. Gladare Augur

I love their reasoning behind nerfing the base stats on gear. You shouldn't be able to easily max stats unless you make the right gear choices. Oh btw, all gear besides cultural has cookie cutter identical stats.
  9. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

I noticed this as well, I've had to start buying Innate base stat AA's just to keep up with some of my heroic caps, I've already maxed stamina AA's and I'm still 10 short of what I cap out at.
  10. Abazzagorath Augur

Thats not how heroics work. If your stat cap is 600, you have 500 in base stats, and have 20 heroics, you have 700 stats with an 800 cap. Heroics are irrelevant to the stat cap and you reaching it.

But yeah, the stats are way too low, at this point we are barely or not even reaching the stat caps even with buffs. Gear from solteris (25 levels ago and many years) had more stats than the gear from RoF/CotF.

Even with buffs, I'm not maxing stamina, intelligence, wisdom and charisma. With buffs I'm BARELY over the stat cap on agility and dex. Only strength is very over the cap (by almost 250).

The funny thing is, it was changed to "make stats matter", except it doesn't. The return on the stats are so freaking low at that point that its meaningless and just serves to annoy players =P.
  11. Leerah Augur

I don't understand this at all. I read it 5 times and still don't get it. If I ever become a min/maxer, I'll just ask Axxius what to wear.
  12. Axxius Augur

The OP's character is a wizard. With 8k AA. Wizards are not complicated. They only need one stat - INT. I fail to see how a wizard with 8k AA (i.e. definitely has all the innate and planar stat AA) wearing group gear from any of expansion after SoF can have regular INT below the cap. It's just not possible, even with the stat drop that happened in RoF. The only way I can interpret the OP is that they are talking about the drop in heroics, which also happened recently (in VoA iirc). Their total INT is lower than it was in HoT gear, or something like that.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I've thought about this a bit more now, are they wearing the all/all gear aimed at wizzys/mages or are they using some of the gear aimed at other classes.
  14. Axxius Augur

Oh... yeah, if they bought random all/all gear in bazaar. :) They are essentially wearing non-caster stuff and need simply to farm some regular drops and make the class specific gear.
  15. Siddar Augur

Have a bard in all T1 T2 RoF raid gear basically all class armor and tank recommended non vis. Bought four of five ranks of CotF item Sta stat cap increase AA.

No increase in Sta because Bard is bellow STA cap.

Problem is real expect to notice it once you guys get to the point of buying Stat increase AA.
  16. Falos Augur

As far as group geared players go, I think i am extremely well geared with a focus on spell damage and int. Despite this I am a level 100 mage with 789/829 int.

I'm maxed out on augs, and gear wise all i lack from COTF atm the moment is the helm. I can see very easily how groupers would be below the stat cap on their primary stat.
  17. Gladare Augur

I'm glad you mentioned this because, once again, group and raid visible gear have identical base stats. It really is funny.
  18. Siddar Augur

People that use Metal Powersource are going see this allot more then those using the other types Powersources that give large amounts of base stats.

I guess this explains why price of purity augs in Baz has gone up recently.
  19. Vlerg Augur

As Abazz said, this is just an annoyance for player ... especially for a wizard, INT hardly matter at all...
  20. Leerah Augur

I meant the part about how heroics raises the (worn?) cap. Not to mention powersources. I'm just happy if I put something on and see my int. go up. ;-)