Instrument Finesse III (Upgrade and not locked behind raids).

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Benito, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Can we get Instrument Finesse III foci that's not locked behind raids for bards (think VoA not TBM)? (Finesse II caps at 110). The instruments could be rare-very rare drops from specific named like in VoA, or zone-wide rare. In terms of opening it up to group play vs. keeping instruments locked behind raids is that one could argue that bards will surrender a hand (weapon) in order to equip instruments.

Edit: Devs could also add a "cute" effect on the new instruments like an 2-tick duration/5 minute-recast recovery damage mitigation buff or tiny group endurance recovery? Instant cast, of course. And, maybe, must-equip...

I posted about this subject back in April 2015 and devs put in upgrade instruments behind TBM raids (November 2015). (You'll have your wish granted but you'll have to work your butt. lol). Thanks for all the folks who gave input and insight back then.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-at-95-100-please-update.219641/#post-3203440
  2. Benito EQ player since 2001.

For context/precedent:

The Broken Mirror:
    [Brass Finesse II]Marrow's Song - Plane of Hate: Revisited*
    [Percussion Finesse II] Unknown/NA
    [String Finesse II]Kelin's Seven Stringed Lute - The Plane of Hate: Revisited*
    [Woodwind Finesse II] Lyssa's Darkwood Piccolo - The Plane of Hate: Revisited*
    *Available from raid merchant for 510 Bifurcated Coins each.

The Rain of Fear:
    [Brass Finesse I] Verlekarnorm's Horn of Disaster - Corrupted Temple of Veeshan (Lord Kreizenn)

Hardcore Heritage (Nagafen's Lair & Castle Mistmoore)
    [Percussion Finesse I] Mistmoore Battle Drums - Castle Mistmoore (Mynthi Davissi)
    [Percussion Finesse I] Selo's Drums of the March - Nagafen's Lair (Raid)
    [String Finesse I] Lute of the Gypsy Princess - Castle Mistmoore {Mynthi Davissi)

The Veil of Alaris:
    [Brass Finesse I] Ornamented Braxi Horn - Beasts' Domain (An Ancient Selyrah)
    [Percussion Finesse I] Illdaera's Steel Drum- Argath, Bastion of Illdaera (Illdaeras Tear)
    [String Finesse I] Bassy Mandola of Tsepir - Windsong Sanctuary (Saduulj Tsepir)
    [Woodwind Finesse I] Twisted Reed Flute - Valley of Lunanyn (Aethra the Mad)

I appreciate the EQ team for their work on bard instruments. I have fond memories of obtaining each instrument on my bard. I have the emotions of completing an epic journey or collection - maybe an achievement is in the works for bards? :)
  3. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Original Velious instruments (if it fits the new Velious flow):

Lute of the Howler - Velketor's Labyrinth (Khelkar Icepaw)
    Flute of the Sacred Glade - Plane of Growth (Prince Thirneg)
    Drums of the Beast - Siren's Grotto (shimmering sea spirit)
    Conch Shell Horn - Cobalt Scar & Siren's Grotto (random drop from any siren)

The new instruments (using the same name) could be zonewide rares (e.g. in style of rare enchanter scrolls Illusion: Sarnak Oracle and Illusion: Palace Efreet) since the new expansion will likely exclude some of the zones or mobs mentioned above.
  4. Benito EQ player since 2001.

5. Daedly Augur

Pardon my noobness, but what exactly is this gonna do for my bard. Song duration of is it going to make the effects more powerful?
    Benito likes this.
  6. Benito EQ player since 2001.

It adds 1 tick (or 6 seconds) to the song's respective instrument ability. You'll get an extra tick of damage with a drum. You'll get an extra tick of haste with a horn. You'll get an extra 6 seconds of invulnerability with a flute. It's a helpful tool when using your bard to DoT kite or as a buff bot and spinning songs.
  7. Cloud the Third Augur

In other words mostly useless except for a few rare cases.
    Waitwhat likes this.
  8. Razorfall Augur

I wonder if it's more for group bards who might not have the resonance.

Speaking of which I still need to complete hunters for my tbl hands lol