Instead of TLP, how about we talk an Event server?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Quester, May 24, 2019.

1. Quester New Member

We definitely don't want a TLP server soon, as it is widely believed that it would only further splinter existing player base. But how about ideas for another Event server, since they seemed to want to do regular intervals of such but only managed one in the last 3 or 4 years. (When was Quarm launched again?)

My idea is a Spirit Shroud server.

The concept is that no matter what race or class you roll your toon as, you may not gain experience in any way unless you are shrouded. My original thought was that you could not zone out of your home city without being shrouded but realizing that Greater Faydark is a "home city" in its entirety would mean wood elves would have a loophole killing at orc hill etc etc. So let's just say not only can you not gain exp. if you are not shrouded, but you can also not gain exp if any member of your group (in the kill radius) is unshrouded.

Realizing that the dev team would have to flesh out the spirit shrouds to make it viable for toons to survive and succeed; toons would need gear for their shrouds, perhaps through quests or tribute type earnings, such development could perhaps lead to an expansion that takes advantage of the advanced spirit shrouds.....? I suspect that this is how spirit shrouds were originally conceptualized to be anyway.

TL/DR: Though quite a bit of work might be required from the development team to make it work, how awesome would raids be to watch: an army of fairies, zombies, basilisks, scarecrows, evil eyes, and so on taking down dragons and deities?
  2. phattoni Augur

wish they would do more with spirit shrouds, it was put in and used for 1 or 2 expansions, then never worked on again, they have stuff that uses it like omm missions in pok, but not much stuff for them really.

and ive never actually found gear for spirit shrouds, a few years back a guild on bristlebane raided nagefen with a raid of spirit shrouds and won.

other than using them to group with lower level guys im working on and this one item that required progress on them, ive never found a use for spirit shrouds.

would be cool if they added gear to them or something, or even updated them in the next expac.
  3. Thalliius Augur

Neat idea, but sounds like a lot of development that DBG will never so when they can just shove another classic start TLP down the pipe and have all the RMTers and Alzheimer’s players continue to throw cash at them

They’ll probably just continue with that existing model/strategy until EQ1 dies, because it requires zero investment or creativity on their part, which the suits just love
  4. jeskola pheerie

I am guessing Quarm did not generate much revenue. Most players seemed to be people with active subs from other servers, and I can't imagine it generated a lot of Marketplace/Krono sales.

If they did.another Event Server, it would need to be something that would bring in enough resubs and marketplace/krono sales to justify the man-hours spent launching and supporting it.
  5. Monkman Augur