Instanced raids?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Iyacc, May 3, 2017.

1. Iyacc Augur

For a returning player that played when almost all raids were open world and competitive - where do raid instances start now? Which raids on this server will be FCFS and when does instancing start?

Thanks in advance.
  2. Kahna Augur

They start day one. There will be both open world and instanced versions of all the raid mobs from classic on. If you are talking about Agnarr that is.
  3. MaestroM Augur

There are mobs called "Agent of Change" in or near raid zones. When you want to do an instance you just go to those mobs and trigger the instance.

useful video:
  4. Snorl Lorekeeper

There is the open world version that you are used to which is competitive, but then any group of 6 or more can go and spawn another version of: hate, fear, sky, naggy, vox, phinny, am I missing any in classic?
  5. Iyacc Augur

ok, thanks. Does the lockout from the instanced version also lock you from the open world? and vice versa?
  6. Seiffil Lorekeeper

lockouts are only for the AOC instances, open world is always FCFS
  7. Machentoo Augur

DPS race, you mean. Getting there first doesn't mean squat any more.
  8. Seiffil Lorekeeper

Pretty much, I was just thinking in terms of FCFS since it had been mentioned earlier in the thread.
  9. Starr Elder

just missing Yael in the Hole I think.
  10. Iyacc Augur

Thanks for the info guys. I loved the competitive nature of early EQ but I accept now that being able to schedule raid times will make it so much easier for most people.