Info share on 300+ Tradeskills

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hickers, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Vdidar Augur

Some people eq and some people really eq. I just kinda eq.
  2. Orbital101 Augur

Eye of Eternal Fire for JC is making me cry.
  3. Kilean-MT New Member

I've killed upwards of 30 phoenixes and never got one to drop before I finished Jewelcraft.
  4. Orbital101 Augur

So you can finish without? Good to know! Couple more OoW augs to get and should do it
  5. Hickers Elder

Yea, I gave up on killing Phoenix's. It's possible to max JC without it for sure. I still had about 20 recipes to go of the rarer OOW gems too.
  6. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I hit 350 Fletching today. In doing so I did not need to shroud down to learn Simple Recipes and I've never made a Plane of Fire Bow. I also did not make maybe 10 DoN arrow recipes. Outside of that, I've made every recipe not associated with a quest listed on EQTraders.
    GoldenFrog and Cicelee like this.
  7. GoldenFrog Augur

When I dinged 350 Fletching, I still had 18 PoP/PoRo bows to go.

Best I can tell, I'm missing 58 recipes from EQ traders.
    * 10 are Karana worshipers-only (I'm not)
    * 5 were "Must scribe" which apparently won't count (e.g. Ornate Recurve Bow)
    * 21 Quest items I couldn't/didn't get (e.g. Abysmal, Shar Val quests)
    * 18 PoP/PoRo (e.g. Stonewood Compound, Composite Treant, Druzzil's...)
    * 4 random ones I missed (e.g. Darkhollow Burin Bundle)
    Jhenna_BB likes this.
  8. Triconix Augur

Serious question: How do you maintain a job or income while playing that much?
    Vdidar likes this.
  9. smash Augur

I guess being focused on how to do Things. Not just jump to something else, just because others saying the cherries are more ripe another place.

Have build up an campfire bonus(from fellowship).

Done beta, so knowing where best xp,+ how to get those, xp potions, lotd and so on.

All of this is: EFFICIENCY EFFICIENCY, and focus.

Look a bit at ROI, they done the expansion way ahead of others.
    They probably so efficient, because they did BETA, and they learned the events + did the progression there as well.

And same for person WHO finished the AA so fast. But also look at the rewards for the progression, and you see a lot of fast earned cherries.
  10. Triconix Augur

I'm fully aware of efficiency, but it's still somewhere around 30-50 hours of gameplay of grinding away 200-300 AAs an hour. To do that on top of progression, aug camping, hunter camping, raiding, and whatever they do in just a few days is an incredible time investment. You're talking 8-12 hours easy to finish all that off in a few days.

The progression was fairly quick and easy when I actually did it - but even after completing it a person still has roughly 9k AAs to just grind. Unless they're just rotating double exp potions constantly that's a lot of hours. In a lesson burn in HAs I was getting around 100 in half hour. Triple that to account for the fact that half the group was boxed and that's 300 AA an hour which is a pretty good rate I would think. That's 30 hours of pure grinding under double exp conditions @ 300 AAs per hour. Complete that in 5 days is 6 hours per day. 4 days? 7.5 hours. 3 days? 10 hours.
  11. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

I'm stalled at 347 baking.
    Character Name
    Adetia
    Recipes Learned
    Estimated Existing Recipes

Now, I could only get the first CR quest recipe, can't get the others, and i cant get the abysmal sea ones to show up if they are learnable as i was past that point when it came out i guess. I have one additional quest recipe to chase down to see if it is learnable or not, and 9 nest dragon recipes left (still farming those). I'm still workingon expanding the estimated existing recipes, for a few things that I haven't tackled yet in my itemized list, but I know that I have those learned in my containers. I've done all the ice creams; all the weird mixing bowl combines; and i've been aggressively watching the EQTraders updates for recipes i may have missed, etc.

How's everyone else doing, bakingwise?
  12. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

Can't edit my earlier post for some reason, but after expanding quite a few egg related recipes, I'm currently sitting like this:

Character Name
    Adetia
    Recipes Learned
  13. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

Just in case anyone else is working on digging up their last few points, I'm up to:
    Character Name
    Adetia
    Recipes Learned

This doesn't include any of the Abysmal Sea Recipes as I can't get them, anything that does not learn, anything past the first CR recipes as I can't get those either. I'm also still isolating a couple quest items to determine if they do in fact learn or not.
  14. Orbital101 Augur

You may think I play that much but I dont. I just log in to play and be productive,
  15. Orbital101 Augur

350 smithing with half of my pyrilen flame used and none of my lightning core. I dint even went down the list past the Poxysmith. Im sure there was more cheaper recipe to learn but everythign was farmed and ready to use so...
    adetia likes this.
  16. Orbital101 Augur

Are you guys on TLP servers coz they do have more recipes then live. I went through it 2 times and im 6 combine in 349 with 20 more OoW combine possible which would give me it but not seeing much gap to 350.
    If the GoD Kit recipes would count in the reinforced JC kit it would be just fine but its not the case.

Anyway going to put this on hold and finish my pottery/tailoring while I gather more ooW augs or decide to go down the list again.
  17. Aanuvane Augur

I suspect that the kits count in Jewelcraft even though they are only craftable with the reinforced Jeweler's Kit. But maybe not. Don't forget that there are a handful of enchanted/imbued items that are still craftable on the live servers.
  18. Orbital101 Augur

they do not count... I chained them all without a skill up and there is 70 recipes when it take aprox 26 combine to get a skill up.

and as far as imbued gems goes I have a heroic toon that I use for that type of thing where Icreate respectively with the deity needed and delete to create another. That and to move stuffs from server to server considering you cant xfer under lvl 20 lol.
  19. Hickers Elder

I'm on Bristlebane, so a live server. As I mentioned in the first post, for JC I was really struggling for combines by the time I got to 349. All I can suggest is going through EQT quick trivial list again and see if there's anything you missed. I'm assuming you've done all the OOW 'flow' stones that drop in Draniks?
  20. Orbital101 Augur

No, I got 20 more possible combine out of the OoW augs + my 6 in my 349 it should do it but since you said you had 20 combine left out of the oow aug when you got 350 I figure that I missed something but I cant believe I missed 20 lol. Too much to farm still to stall on a skill up. Ill see what i can do once im done farming tailoring. I will probably farm the Oow Aug and pop a no fail combine as I failed a bunch of those already.