Independence Day EXP bonus?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Phiona, Jun 24, 2018.

1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Will the 76% rare bonus be applied to HH Seb named? If so, brace yourself for the drama!
  2. Goodn Augur

Remember, a 76 percent increase of a 1 percent occurrence is still less than 2 percent...

You will see more named, but you will still have bad streaks in HH Seb. And at least on Xegony, there are still plenty of times when entire wings of Seb are unoccupied.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  3. Khat_Nip Meow

I don't know why but I felt that needed to be repeated.
  4. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Better odds will make people feel like they've utilized their time more wisely. I must say I looted 2 boxes in 3 consecutive spawns (no weapon Harbinger Freglor - PH skeletal harbinger - no weapon Harbinger Freglor) at the current spawn rate. Another forum poster has claimed consecutive 78 PHs? HH Seb ends on Tuesday so people will be marathoning for their 40-slot heirloom bag or they'll have to wait another year.
  5. Khieran Journeyman

76% increase? Why 76? LOL
  6. Dreadmore Augur

Independence Day celebrates the adoption of the declaration of independence and separation of the colonies from Great Britain in 1776.
  7. Elskidor Augur

Should be a 1776% XP increase then. No more halfway shortcuts.
    Jikal likes this.
  8. Herf Augur

Be happy it's not a 17% increase :)
    Yinla and Sancus like this.
  9. Elskidor Augur

Now that would be funny.
  10. Ryak Augur

17.76% you mean. Much better!
    Grove, Herf, Fanra and 1 other person like this.
  11. IblisTheMage Augur

I propose to abolish the AM/PM system from the planet Earth.

Also, cows should be a playable race.

Also, Mage Dichotomic should be castworthy.

(Hat trick of things with equal likelyhood).
    Sancus and Aurastrider like this.
  12. Aurastrider Augur

I agree AM/PM is just silly although some people I have encountered throughout the years try to say 24xx and they just don't understand when I try to tell them it is 00xx. As confusing as AM/PM is for some people there will be just as many people who get confused with a 24 hour clock I am afraid.
  13. IblisTheMage Augur

Hehe fun trivia: in NATO, that problem has been solved by disallowing it as a point in time. 23:59 and 00:01 are allowed, but not 00:00 :). You can then make your date-time-code, and use the Z for Zulu-time, which is the same in the entirety of NATO, thus getting rid of local time zones. One time code to rule then all! The idea is that initiating a coordinated attack should preferably be at the same time on the same day... :)
    Herf and Fanra like this.
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

For a while EQ did things at 23:59. saved on a lot of confusion.
    Fanra and IblisTheMage like this.
  15. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

EQ players still learning how to tell time really explains a lot.
    IblisTheMage likes this.