Increase Damage Reporting Distance

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Benzarden, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Benzarden Augur

I know this has been requested on these forums previously, and it was ignored for all intents and purposes. However, it's been a long time. So I will attempt to request again. Can you please increase the radius that damage is reported and able to be picked up by other players? If not in static zones, increasing it only for instances would suffice.

In this age of EQ where parsing has become vital, it's crazy that we can not accurately parse our entire group/raid. Any event that is spread out is going to yield a futile parse of others. In almost all events, a caster's parse will be inaccurate for everyone else in the raid. I would like to see increased continuity and reliability in parsing. Wizards should be able to pick up the Rogues' dps. Necros' damage should be reported far enough away to be picked up by melee at the mob.

Vote yes for increased parsing accuracy.
    Lily, Utaerx, Brohg and 9 others like this.
  2. Repthor Augur

what ben is trying to say here is nerf wizzys
    Thraine likes this.
  3. mackal Augur

There should be some way to opt in so people that want (and have a good enough connection to) to get more accurate parses can.
    Igniz likes this.
  4. Sancus Augur

I'd love some improvements to the way damage reports in EQ, it's unreasonably difficult (and often impossible) to get a semi-accurate parse of more than yourself.
    Pirlo and Igniz like this.
  5. Kravitz Augur

I'd rather have better chat filters before this happens.
    menown, Nniki and Raptorjesus5 like this.
  6. Igniz Augur

Aye, thumbs up from me on this. More accurate parses would highly be welcomed!
    If increasing the reporting range doesn't work, I wouldn't even mind if I would be able to at least pick up the damage dealt by my own pets the same way i'm able to pick up my own spelldamage. At least, I could accurately parse myself that way :)
    Sancus likes this.
  7. svann Augur

Even if it was just in raid that would be fine.
  8. Savager Augur

Just make everything a belly caster
    Quuq likes this.
  9. Cicelee Augur

Wouldn't it just be better to have an in game parser than having to rely on Gamparse?
  10. Iila Augur

That'll happen right after EQplayers is updated.
    Geri_Petrovna and Benzarden like this.
  11. Thraine Augur

Two thumbs up!!
  12. Utaerx Elder

Great idea, would love to see this implemented.
  13. Benzarden Augur

Thanks for your input on damage reporting range and parsing accuracy.
    Utaerx, Quuq, Iila and 1 other person like this.
  14. Vexed Journeyman

Improved chat filters and an increased range for text parsing would be fantastic!