Increase Bazaar Cap

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Wudanar, Feb 16, 2022.

1. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Hmm, then I might just to be me, who have trouble with my in-game finances.

Do the rest of you really get enough plat-drops with normal gameplay to stay afloat, or do you go back to old zones and farm grey-cons? :confused:
  2. Sup Rog Elder

You don't make money farming plat, you make money farming the bazaar lol. Or getting lucky with camping items. eq. Bought 2 krono for 5M plat, sold for 5.5 a little later. 1M pp profit, would take forever farming 1M plat.
  3. Fenthen aka Rath

Not as long as you might think depending where you are farming. 2-3 days maybe.
    Wdor likes this.
  4. Sup Rog Elder

I never pay attention to the plat I get when exping. Seems like nothing, but I will keep track and see.
  5. Jumbur Improved Familiar

So platsinks are tuned towards people who "play" the bazaar now?

I don't think I have ever owned more than 200k pp. :oops:
  6. Sup Rog Elder

What I'm saying is that 2M pp is not a lot on FV server now. People have billions of PP. Kronos sell for like 5m+ and people buying 10-12 of them at a time. Buying raid ores for 14Krono+. Its like the dollar in America. A dollar was a lot in 1920, today it's worth a fraction of what it was then. You can't say you have no money, so inflation shouldn't happen. it happens because of supply and demand. There is a high supply of pp that gets bigger and bigger, with the same demand.

You can see inflation with Krono prices. They go up like 1M a year or so. I quit awhile back and sold every thing on my toons and bought a bunch of Kronos for 300k each. When I came back they were going for 2.5m each. Made a ton of money not even playing lol. Money makes money and you need a bankroll. That's why people buy Kronos. Its real money, but you spend real money on this game with subs/expansions etc.. That's the way it is. Not everyone is going to have 2billion pp, but many will, just like real life. Always put your pp into Krono. If I know I won't use a toon for awhile, I sell all the gear and buy kronos. Then re buy the gear after, at a much cheaper price, if I decide to play that toon again. Guess I like the trading part the most in the game. I rarely even play lol.
    Wdor and Fenthen like this.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

FV? You are judging the value of plat based on the server with the most wacky economy in the game due to the ability to sell raid loot? Last I checked krono don’t sell anywhere near that amount on other servers.
    Wdor and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  8. Sup Rog Elder

I'm saying that FV needs the bazaar limit changed. I don't know about the other servers. I don't know why anyone would play on another server lol. If they don't need more than 2M, what does it hurt to raise the bazaar price cap? From what I see, chase items on other servers, DO sell for more than 2M. Its time to update things in EQ, like 32-64bit did. Lets get rid of the old, outdated things in the game now.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

All live servers need the limit changed and they can’t change it just for a single server. What I gathered from your post is you where saying 2 million wasn’t much money on FV in response to someone talking about how little they have instead of why FV needs the change.
  10. Tappin Augur

They are going after people involved in mass RMT transactions - a wider target. If they had some mystical way to prevent people cheating, it would have been corrected by now. Meanwhile, there are people running around at 10 time bards speed (sarcasm) using Goku's instant transmission to named mobs and going mastered mastered ultra instinct on them, without any penalty.

Just my 2 cents
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Or it could be that they can’t catch everyone and they work to catch who they can while the cheat side works to avoid detection. From what I saw in the threads there was plenty of people who got hit that had nothing to do with RMT.
    Wdor and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  12. Tappin Augur

The servers they hit were heavy into RMT and it normally do it at least once a year. They are not going to target just the individual that is the problem, they are going to go after as many as possible. However, there are still people who used the program during the bans, but were not banned/suspended at all.

I don't know 100%, but what I stated is just my opinion based on the information I have
  13. Svann2 The Magnificent

I think the plat drops would be enough to buy the stuff you buy from vendors. So long as you dont need to buy from other players it should be enough. If you do buy from other players you will probably need to also sell to other players.
    Wdor likes this.
  14. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Noooooooo
  15. Sup Rog Elder

So what is your argument? You seem against them changing the bazaar limit, which is now way outdated. You don't know how easy or hard it will be and if it doesn't affect you, why do you care?

FV needs the change, because people have to auction and general chat sell anything over 2M pp, aka anything decent worth buying, so you get general filled with WTS/WTB all day, it's ridiculous to have to do that, when they could change the bazaar to be functional. If other servers aren't over the 2M point yet, they probably will be in the future.
    Wdor likes this.
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I have never said anything against changing the limit, all I have said is that the limit is not at all related to the 64 bit migration. The limit is in place due to how the bazaar was set up in the beginning and storing all values in copper. They have said in the past that changing it would impact pretty much every merchant and other places that use currency which is one of the reasons it has not been changed in the past.

My point with that thread is you really shouldn’t be using a server like FV which has a unique economy as a guide for what is and isn’t a lot of plat in EQ.
    Wdor likes this.
  17. FranktheBank Augur

Is there a live server with sub 2mil plat cost?
  18. Angahran Augur

Pretty sure every live server sells stuff in the bazaar.
  19. Cicelee Augur

Remove the in game penalty for turning plat into nobles. Add nobles as part of our currency inventory. Problem solved, right?

Put krono in Bazaar for 3 noble, 500k plat. Or whatever.
  20. Sup Rog Elder

I believe that they were talking about changing PP away from being based off copper. I can't possibly imagine that adjusting the bazaar limit, to over 2M, would require a full revamp of the game lol, they were probably talking about going to 64 bit. The fact that the bazaar limit is exactly the 32 bit limit, doesn't make you think it might be tied into that?
    Treage_Imminent likes this.