in your guild, which class do you have least of ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by taellar, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Zahrym Augur

Good beastlords.....sick burn.
  2. Starla Elder

Bezerkers and chanters however I do not believe it can ever hurt to have a over abundance of mages and like 4 necros...hehe
  3. Fenthen aka Rath

I've been trying for months to get our Enchanters to drag corpses for ressing.
  4. Beezelbub Elder

Seems pallies sought after. As some one leveling what exactly do they offer that makes them so desirable?
    E
  5. Oakenn Tigerspirit Augur

raid heals. When your strapped for heals a couple pallies splashing after each AE does the body good.
  6. Brogett Augur

For raids berserkers and shaman seem to be the rare spawns (we have several, but low RA). Most common obviously are cleric and warriors.
  7. Kunon Augur

And so it goes. The classes that gain xp the quickest and are best in the group game, but relatively weak/limited in the raid game, tend to be plentiful. The ones that excel in the raid game but do not solo/duo well and/or their best attributes are little used in the group game are in short supply. Then there are broken classes, and in the case of Bards they are part of probably 50% of box teams but arent played as mains. /melody 4TW.

Getting the rarer raid orientated classes (that arent boxed and played decently) in sufficient numbers is what sets raid guilds apart more than anything else.

My guild can be selective so...
    0 - 2: Monk, Mage, SK, Chanter, Druid (Broken, limited value, bot before raid can fill their role)
    2 - 3: Bst, Ranger (Solid and Buffs for other DPS keep them handy)
    4+: Warriors, Pally, Clerics, Shaman, Bards, Zerkers, Rogues, Wizzies, Necros (All you need really)
  8. Fenthen aka Rath

You don't NEED Rogues. You don't NEED Wizards (outside of 1 to TL). You just NEED "general DPS" such as Rogues, Berzerkers, Mages, Wizards, etc.
    We fill our healer roles with Clerics & Druids, and our tanks rotate around -- 1 or 2 solid SKs, 1 solid Paladin, 3-4 solid Warriors.
  9. Kunon Augur

What I meant by "all you really need" is that if a raid force was comprised only of those classes; classes that are superior in their roles on raid, they probably would not even notice the absense of the others. This is especially true if there is a preraid buff bot for the other classes.

In addition to simply providing roster spots in my guild, I gave a quick reason for why since we can be abit more selective with recruiting than some other guilds. Without getting into it too deeply, a Zerker will outparse a Monk 10x out of 10 with equal ADPS. Would you rather have 4 Zerkers and 2 Monks or 2 Zerkers and 4 Monks if player caliber were equal?
  10. Narye Augur

And you thought I was kidding when I said all I play with is rangers, lol