In-Game Progression Server poll (Feb 2015)

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Craigas New Member

Wow, a lot of you just whine and moan. For those of you who don't want a progression server... it's not like they are going to MAKE you play on the new server. Do the rest of us a favor and don't vote at all, just stay where you are and be happy. For me, I've never had more fun on EverQuest than when the progression servers first came out a few years ago. I knew enough about the game that I could keep up, and got to enjoy the crowded servers. Much better than the empty landscape I play in today. Start Classic and Kunark together??? NO. I want to progress through the game like it was meant to. I want to discover the old content again and compete for the PGT with a full group and a bunch of other players. I want to have corpse runs, to have a rat kill me when I'm trying to get to level 2. I don't want to ding to level 2 on my very first kill after I get 2 hits in. Give me a challenge and friendly players.
    There will always be End Game guilds that rush through the content. Boo hoo for them, make them wait for a few months before the next expansion unlocks, the game is much more enjoyable at a slower pace. They won't ruin it for the rest of us just because they rush through the game. By the time I get to lower Guk, the log jam won't be there because the poor sports will have all rage quit.
    Zoggzog, Vinlail, Maxe and 2 others like this.
  2. Warpeace Augur

Do the community a favor and don't be ignorant. Look at the poll choices before running in here and whining. The very first voting option is exactly for people that have zero intention of not playing on the new TLP server. Vote and be honest.

I voted None. I am not interested for each of my accounts. Why because I have no interest in playing on a progression server.
    Imrahil, Xeladom and Xanadas like this.
  3. Whosurdaddy Journeyman

How about taking all that dev time commitment and applying it to fixing the current game, reversing all the nerfs that came with TDS and making a great "next expac".
    Xeladom and Barton like this.
  4. Warpeace Augur

Guess you are thin skinned....lol

I'm going to voice my opinion. However when you make statements like
    you are completely off base. Its a game wide poll.
    Barton likes this.
  5. liveitup1216 Augur

Please oh please let there be an expansion locked server. These progression servers always move way too fast because a small portion of the server rushes and gets bored instead of enjoying the ride. Then we inevitably end up with Vulak and Fippy ghost servers.

Do both: progression for the fast money for a few months, expansion locked for the long term money for a few years.
    Zoggzog and Maxe like this.
  6. Mardy Augur

Holly gets to see first hand just how passionate EQ progression server fans are :)

Please don't let some posters scare you away, majority of the progression server enthusiasts are good people who just want to start fresh on a populated server along with thousands of others. Most just want to enjoy EQ from classic on up, slowly, and try to relive the nostalgia with like-minded folks.
    Zoggzog and Giberishpilz like this.
  7. Bolten_DA Augur

Two things!!
    Give them raid mobs an upgrade! Nothing worse than steam rolling all content in a day.
    Figure out a way to end guilds spending endless hours sitting on a raid mob waiting for it to spawn.
  8. Fendy Augur

I would love to see the poll results posted in a week or so and see real numbers on how many voted for some form of progression server. Of course the numbers will be a bit inflated when folks vote with all 27 of their boxes and alts.
  9. Freebirrd Journeyman

Soooooo ive been around A LOT longer thn 2012. I for one would love to see option 3 come around. Perhaps even a 1999 server.. that would kick . ;)
    Zoggzog likes this.
  10. Geroblue Augur

I got this survey, and I've never logged into a progression server. I would think this survey was for progression server players only. Not a complaint, just pointing this out. It could skew the results.
  11. Numiko Augur

I noticed my silver account gets a vote too even though it cannot play on those servers (assuming they keep them subscription only).

little concerned that someone could create several hundred FtP accounts and really scew these votes.
    Hopefully they have a way to filter out brand new accounts used just to spam the polls.
  12. Crayon123 Augur

Very excited! Thank you Holly/Daybreak for finally coming forth with this! Been coming back to the forums here for the past.. oh what, two or three years waiting for news of this. Whew!

Would really like either a slower paced progression server or time-locked PoP progression server. I think there is a lot of interest in time-locked PoP progression primarily, but I'm okay with either option as long as we aren't rushing through expansions forced open from the power gaming guilds... I'd like to believe that is the one thing that everyone can agree upon if they decide to invest time in building characters on these servers, regardless of what option they voted for.

Thank you again team and I look forward to seeing the results!!
    Zoggzog and Greatball O`Fire like this.
  13. Indigo Augur

If you want a server that a single guild can rush through dragging everyone else with them and being rewarded for it, BY ALL MEANS vote for the cleverly worded "Seasonal Server" option. That is EXACTLY what that is, then your character is reset back to level one. Maybe there is a place for such a server, but that isn't what the TLP movement has been asking for.

The game is not nor can it ever be like it was. There is defiant armor, there is auto-granted AA's, etc, etc. The content is not as challenging as it was back in the day because of these changes. A TLP is for people that want to see and work their way through all EQ's content. IMO, to be popular and successful, this has to be at a fair pace. Not at a rabbit's nor a turtle's pace, but a fair pace.

Just for God's sake, eliminate the voting per expac that almost destroyed Fippy at GoD. And for people that don't know that story, visit the TLP Forum. Holly posted that we will soon see the no voting option in the next poll and many of us are grateful to Holly for that.

We need a TLP now and do not want to wait a year for an understaffed EQ dev crew to work a year recoding and reinventing the game. They have other things to do.
  14. Indigo Augur

Why? That was part of the early game many of us enjoyed. Let's have a more of a hands off approach from GM's on this server.
  15. Bolten_DA Augur

It's a personal preference really. I don't have the time / energy to sit at my computer waiting for a 1-12 hour window. Doing the batphone thing is pretty sad way of living imo. Some people enjoy it. Some dont. It is what it is.
  16. DefenseEQ Augur

Increased spawn rates of open world raid targets would be so awesome. Players would be mor willing to work out a rotation is bosses like Emperor SSRa/Vex Thal/Kael weren;t on 3.5 and 7 day timers.
    Greatball O`Fire likes this.
  17. Bolten_DA Augur

I agree the spawn rate increase would help. Id love to see raid mobs spawn in different spots in the zone! How crazy of a race would that be in a contested raid zone! Compared to back in the day, the progression servers have a lot more people. The spawn rate should reflect that.
  18. Xanadas Augur

Sigh...

All the options just make me want to facepalm. As a member of the "classic" fanbase, the locked progression is the least unattractive, but still leaves me very little hope that I'd end up with a classic'ish-locked server. It's the wording that "At a specific point, determined by Dev, votes are no longer available and progression is complete." that has me concerned, and for good reason.

History has shown that "dev" (???) is influenced by the player base's clamoring. So how can we assume that the decision to stop or proceed with an expansion will not be decided from the squeakiest wheels? There will *always* be vocal people who want to proceed, and *always* vocal people who don't want to proceed.

I fail to see some sort of objective perspective that will reveal whether or not to lock a server. Standing back and waiting to lock it until a server degrades is hardly an option, either. You'll end up with a dead server on an expansion that is too far progressed for the classic-types and unable to progress to satisfy the progressive-types.

Many of us have been sitting around for literally years, playing no other games in any serious manner because nothing quite scratches the itch like EQ. It blows my mind how Daybreak (SOE) has done nothing on this front for so long. There are thousands of players playing on those "other servers" because they want the classic experience. Daybreak (SOE) is flushing money down the toilet for all intents and purposes. I've been dying to give Daybreak (SOE) my money! It's unbelievably maddening. Really, it is. It's like they don't want us to come back to EQ.

In conclusion, as hard as I try to not be pessimistic, I don't see this ending well. You're trying to compromise on two very polar opposite desired rulesets, and you're going to only satisfy (at best) a fraction of the player base who are interested in a server reboot of any sort.
    Zoggzog and Warpeace like this.
  19. Indigo Augur

I liked the idea offered on the TLP forum that would satisfy the "classic" people but would not hinder a new TLP that others want so badly.

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/new-idea.218109/

Giappo said,
    Zoggzog likes this.
  20. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

If the long standing animosity between Fippy and Vulak is any indication, I don't know why (other than $) they wouldn't just consider 2 progression options: one with the traditional lock structure for those who want "fast" progression, and another with a substantially slower model for "slow", or even capped type progression. These two sides are never going to see eye to eye, so making them play on the same rule set seems like it's destined to make both sides unhappy.
    Zoggzog and Kahlev Al-Calen like this.