In Game DKP request

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kendiian, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Kendiian Monk

Hey why not have in-game DKP ? sure it would make a lotta peeps happy.
  2. WarSheol Augur

Well they sorta did add one with VoA, you beat any raid but the first one you get 10 raid currency that can be saved up to buy any thing that has dropped at a reasonable price from a merchant.

I expect to see this in eexpansions from now on, ig you raid a few days a week can get one or two iems a week, higher tiers may b a bit more but this works well, even though my guild runs its own DKP so islike double loot for me heh.

Easiest way to run in game DKP system is just add the ammount each night to the players Notes :cool:
  3. Lostboy New Member

They sorta did with VoA if still raiding HoT and first two tiers of VoA. For Tiers 3 and 4 DKP and raid currency are not as close as you would think. Ornamentations for the high end come to mind. If not high end, then in game DKP may as well mean = I show up but can be bad for something other than ornamentations and recieve loot because the guild carried me.

If already farming the expansion then in game DKP is not required but a misguided luxury. It has already been done for years outside of game and is clearly working if farming the expansion. If not farming the expansion, then 53 people would be able to ensure the weak link gets gear arbitrarily over a more qualified or needed character. Let alone the fact someone could have hoarded DKP since PoP.

No.
  4. Hatsee Augur

Why are people talking about currency when they asked about a dkp tracking system? They are nothing alike.

I would say this request is silly simply because of the variety of systems employed by guilds in this game which means no one solution will accommodate everyone and this is pretty much a waste of time. Given that most MMO's will use this sort of system I am sure there is a free, open to all, web based source for this that works much better than anything they could implement in game.
  5. Risiko Augur

I've often wondered why a game that is so greatly designed around raiding doesn't have a more robust raid tracking system built in. I mean really EQ is a raid-based Mmorpg. Sure it has group and solo content, but don't kid yourself. This game is designed around raids.

There should be areas in the guild halls that show huge tropheys for each raid kill. There should be a tab on the guild window that shows all raid history for the guild including all kills, who was at every kill, what loot dropped, etc. And, I believe there should be a configurable in game dkp system with enough configurability to set it up the way that your guild wants it.

All of this should be in game. You shouldn't have to rely on web sites for your in game needs. In fact, why shouldn't we have in game guild forums and calendar as well?
  6. Nolrog Augur

I disagree. EQ is a group based MMO that has some raiding.

Some good ideas there. Though the DKP system would take time to set up. There are probably hundreds and hundreds of different DKP systems that people use, that it would take time to make something flexible enough for everyone to use. And is this really the best use of the developers (specifically the programmers) time?