In addition, big raid targets from each expansion will be instanced.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ginix, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Brumans Augur

2. AgentofChange Augur

3. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

You do realize it would have to be patched in right? So they would need to figure it out in the first two weeks of January. That's asking alot if they don't start it before holiday vacations in December.
  4. Punchu Augur

King and Queen seem like a poor hill to die on folks. Seriously, focus your nerd rage on progression instances.
    NoWay likes this.
  5. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

Im not familiar with OoW so please correct me if I am mistaken. These mobs are not needed for progression and don't drop anything super unique, they appear to be in a zone with a massive amount of trash, and they are NOT INSTANCED?

How will I break it to my guild that we can skip this and still get great gear in OoW and still finish the content?

They will surely be devastated.
  6. Jsyn New Member

Its a raid target that drops a few best in slot items. If you don't wanna do it that's fine. Those that do wont even have the chance to see it unless they are in one of the hardcore guilds that batphone. That's not what this server was suppose to be about.
  7. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

Look, I agree, its something that follows the whole idea of the server, but honestly, with the way DBG has been about some things in the past, Im glad they are even LOOKING at the Phinny server with the new cash cow that is Agnarr up and running. I think it would be great if they instance this because it was what they promised, but I surely won't lose any sleep if they don't.

Just curious, what Best in Slot items are you speaking of? I looked and was able to find upgrades for almost everything in CoA.
  8. Jsyn New Member

Yeah, the item I was thinking of is definitely not best in slot. But regardless its still on par just slightly worse then CoA stuff. The point still stands though, we were all told that raid targets would be instanced so the raid targets in Riftseekers should definitely be instanced.
  9. Ryak Augur

DoDh launches 1 month into the new year...

If they start "looking into it" 1 month before the expansion is due to release, that gives them AT BEST 2 weeks to implement AND test the changes to make the patch and that leaves ZERO room for any issues to be identified and fixed before release.
  10. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

Yeah but didn't you read the other threads? Epics on Agnarr must be retooled, so that's gonna take a lot of the devs time /eyeroll.

As far as gear quality goes, from my understanding it looks like this:
    Citadel of Anguish >> MPG Raid Trials/Tacvi > Riftseekers

I do not know what goes into making a zone available from an AoC, but I know they are working on this years new expac and it is probably taking most of their time. I am hoping we got the ball rolling soon enough on Vule that we don't have to deal with that at least.
  11. Superdeath Lorekeeper

instancing riftseekers would be nice, but its not anything worthwhile/important, specially with everything in it getting an upgrade in, surprise, anguish.
  12. Jsyn New Member

Love all the AoS and other hardcore raiders saying it won't be an issue. That's because you guys will have them perma camped :)
  13. -wycca Augur

I don't think we're planning on raiding RSS royals as a guild.

RSS AoC would be nice though, despite whatever is mentioned above, the gear is viable to have in slots during OoW, even if you can farm Anguish to your heart's content, it also has some viable weapons. The MPG Trial, RSS royal, and Tacvi gear tends to be fairly similar, with the MPG set being the weakest of the 3.
    Superdeath likes this.
  14. Zinth Augur

I for sure hope they instance em according to the FAQ... they do contain some BiSs
  15. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

16. taliefer Augur

what are the BiS items from king/queen?
  17. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

I keep hearing people say there are Best in Slot items off RSS Royals, I want to know what these items are.

Also,
    I looked at these and I felt a little differently and I wanted to know why you felt the MPG set was weakest? We are talking the MPG RAID Trials I assume.

MPG Trials Chain arms:
    Vambraces of Perseverance

RSS Chain arms:
    Crystal Mail Sleeves

These two items are almost exactly the same items, save for the fact you have to be level 70 to equip MPG gear and level 68 to equip RSS gear (That should really end any argument) and also the HP/Mana/End/HDex/AC are all better on the MPG arms. The RSS arms do have a slight advantage in resists and mana regen.

I guess really rather than being right I would like to know what items in RSS are better than items out of MPG raid trials? I've been doing a lot of research lately for OoW and I cannot find anything really.
  18. malaki Augur

People seem to be interchanging reasonable filler gear with BIS gear.
  19. Ginix Augur

Best in slot or not its still a zone with multiple big raid targets in it. We were all told that big raid targets would be instanced so we could see the content without dealing with the open world drama. They've instanced zones like Wakening Lands (Wuoshi) and if he is a big target in Velious the easily King/Queen qualify.
  20. taliefer Augur

king and queen are not big raid targets, let alone cheliak and that other animal thing i forget the name of.

the reason they instanced everything in old world stuff is because that was the main draw of the server. instance raiding stuff when there was no instanced alternative. the vast majority of all raid content moving forward is already isntanced, including all end game zones and most raiding progression(vule is the only thing that comes to mind that isnt instanced for progression). i can see their argument that resources are best used elsewhere, and this doesnt seem like anything worth fighting too hard over.