improvement needed for part pug raid war agro

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by ptah, Feb 24, 2019.

1. ptah Augur

So with ts t3 tbl armor on da warrior, I have returned to part time raid role with beefcakes;

what I need its improvement in agro both single target and AE agro.. I just feel like im missing something. Maybe its just in my head.. but I freakout more about agro than the meele hits and daydream about how to control the agro better.

AA triggers max, mostly rank2 atm for disc hotbar agro stuff, plus weapon.. and learning I just need mash taunt more often... as was holding it back for taunt off billyjeane the ranger.

Looking for advice on subject. I believe im mashing all the stuff.. More focus on first 15 secs rather that later in fight.. and once I got it I got it. Potions good help or blocker to other options?

Roar, GP, slander on mash 1.
    ageless, blast when needed.. as well and UNW.

w/e AA is called for agro building when single target heals hit..

AE is more 5 min deal.. with AE taunt AA, dragon, forget third one.. 99% hit all 3.

Sorry for lack of detail. Shooting from hip.. im sure I only listed 60% of my options
  2. Brohg Augur

engage with Dicho(Dissident) on, it's your strongest agro multiplier. Also Concordant Precision, and Determined Reprisal. Bastion Slander Roar Blast Dragonstrike RoarofChallenge Gut and then Phantom Aggressor. Buttons-then-phantom is the only bit where sequencing matters.

On basepop, space out your stuff so you have some button for each enemy
    Tucoh likes this.
  3. p2aa Augur

I see Dichotomic Shielding and Warlord Bastion more as mitigation tools first, than aggro tools.
    That being said, the idea is to space out your aggro mod. Rage of the Forsaken, Dichotomic Shielding, Warlord Fury.
    I have like you a short aggro hotkey made of slander, taunt, kluzen roar, gut punch. Add taunt in your mash aggro key when you are tanking, because it trigger sneering grin passive hate.
    My frontload aggro is made of the following thing, when a burn is going to be called on a raid mob.
    I start with an aggro DW set, click fortitude, then rage of the forsaken projection of fury blast of anger my aggro hotkey and rage of rallos zek.
    My aggro DW set is made of 2 warrior only weapons with spike of anger proc and rune proc aug, which compliment very well rage of rallos zek.
    I then swap to shield stance when fortitude runs out.
    The main massive aggro bulk comes from the spike of anger proc non stop from rage of rallos zek. The reuse is like 20 ish min. So you cannot do this everytime. But if it's down, you will still have solid aggro edge with the rest used.
    I then engage with defensive disc and click warlord fury. Warlord Fury last 4 min, once the 3 min of defensive are done, I use other mitigation stuff for a total of 1 min around, then click Dichotomic Shielding when Warlord Fury done.
    The important thing as I tell you here, is that I chain my aggro mod, rage of the forsaken, warlord fury, dichotomic shielding. You can use another order if you want of course.
    For example on hard hitter mobs, once fortitude is down, I will run defensive disc + dichotomic shielding running asap (and not click warlord fury then). Once dicho is down, i can click Warlord Fury. And i know i won't need dichotomic shielding later for its mitigation purpose because I will use the tanking glyph once defensive is down.

Regarding AE aggro, it's not our main strength. It's quite simple. if you need to keep high AE aggro, click Concordant Expanse instead of Concordant Precision, then when the big wave is coming, you can use Rage of the Forsaken + Dragonstrike Blade to tag mobs to you. Once done, Wade Into Battle. Can add Roar of Challenge but really low hate.
    Or Dicho shield at start to add some mitigation, and you will be able to click again Dragonstrike Blade before dicho runs out.
    It's not our main strenght, because we are good for 1 wave. If mobs come in following waves to the camp, every 10 sec for example, we are screwed on the AE aggro because we used yet our stuff (you can delay roar of challenge for next wave but aggro is too small to keep aggro of DPS AE burning). You can also single target them and apply one aggro disc on each, but if they are 8 + good luck with the time it will take and DPS are burning hard AE aggro right away.
    In this case, SK are the king of these situations, which is ok because it's their niche.
    Tucoh likes this.