Improved Sting of the Wasp

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Pulvarien, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Pulvarien Journeyman

We have 5 ranks of aa under focus on Improved Sting of the Wasp, to lower its reuse timer and to raise its dps bye 25%? After we spend all those aa will it then be higher dps then Vigorous Shuriken and useable on our Multibind bar? Or not?
  2. Riou EQResource

No, because it is on Synergy timer
  3. MrMajestykx Augur

why would that ever be a question. Shuriken imo is about useless, and as Riou stated shares the timer. smh
  4. Dropfast Augur

Yea Sting of the Wasp is useless except for stupidly rare times when you range dps'ing. Unless they move it off that timer it's trash.
    MrMajestykx likes this.
  5. Picard Journeyman

The only time I can ever actually remember really using sting of the wasp are in 2 RoF missions. The one with the dragon while in flight mode in Breeding Grounds and the one in Plane of Shadow with the crystal shards that need to be kited. It has always done more damage than vigorous shuriken -- I think the most damage vigorous shuriken can do is 1200 if far enough away but that may not be exactly right so don't hold me to it. The others are right in that until and unless they change it from being on the same timer as synergy it's essentially pointless. Heck there were even times in that Breeding Grounds mission I just used synergy because I was able to get close enough anyway while on top of the floating rocks.

You can use vigorous shuriken every time it refreshes in any combat situation as it does damage and is on its own timer independent from the other skills mentioned. Just know that when in melee it does very minimal damage. Every little bit helps though so I use it all the time. What is really fun is to pull something using distant strike and then not do anything else and see 2 damage points show up on a parse haha!
  6. MrMajestykx Augur

not entirely true. unless you wish to give up DMS it does share a timer.
  7. Brudal Augur

feel free to use Drunken Monkey and Vigorous Shuriken without locking either out...

Test update a year ago

8. MrMajestykx Augur

kudos Brudal!!! well at work and thought it was DMS, Im about CERTAIN it shares a timer with something...its been hell here today at work, come here during brief respites to read, lots of pages tho regarding our beloved game are blocked so I cant quite correct myself here, tho do respect your answer here.
  9. MrMajestykx Augur

then again considering this days events, i could be wrong.
  10. Sarcogian Augur

Something that'll be interesting parsing at some point. Maybe when I'm bored. I've only been saying that since the change...... Or its a foresight of next expansion. Inc range fights
  11. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

An entire expansion of Arx 3 raids incoming on the SS-Good-Times-Ahead, matey? Arrgh!
  12. segap Augur

And likely no upgrade to the Belt of Mysterious Daggers