Fixed Improved Familiar; AA for no benefits

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by ryguy2003, Feb 23, 2023.

1. ryguy2003 New Member

In the last patch the level cap that the familiar would affect was removed. Now you spend AA for level 70-74 and nothing changes about the AA benefits. Ranks 9-12 I believe. When you Upgrade to rank 13 @ 75, you FINALLY see the benefit. It could be just the wording of the AA description, but seems like 40ish aa for no incremental upgrade.

Category: Other [Can Repro]
    Date/Time: Thu Feb 23 20:43:47 2023

Character: Level 75 Wizard (Main)
    Zone: Icefall Glacier

Description: Ranks like 9-12 of improved familiar have no differences between levels after removing the level requirements....so you spend 9/10 aa a pop for no benefit.
    Wulfhere and Brickhaus like this.
  2. Brickhaus Augur

Welcome to being a wizard...

They may just consider the now useless ranks an added cost to get to improvements. Or maybe they will go back and eliminate the now useless ranks. There are other ranks of Improved Familiar that are now useless (15, 16, 17, 19, 20, 21) but after that, it looks like there is at least a nominal increase in something in every rank.

I did some brief checks of other aa lines in raidloot and it looks like the rest of the wizard changes have something different besides level affected at each rank. I also looked at a few of the others and couldn't find anything, but it was certainly not an exhaustive search.

Reminds me of the earlier iteration of our familiars where we had to buy all those ranks of the separate ones to then get the work on all one.
  3. kizant Augur

While this isn't ideal it's still better than how it was. They just need to consolidate the ranks and increase the costs. It shouldn't change anything in the long run.