Imprint of the Enhanced Minion buff not working

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Skewert, May 30, 2019.

1. Skewert Lorekeeper

The buff from the mage-summoned item "Imprint of the Enhanced Minion", "Enhanced Minion XIII", doesn't appear to be working. I targeted myself, cast the buff on me (buff showed up in buff box), and then cast my lvl 83 pet (I'm a Beastlord). My pet with an Enhanced Minion V (EM5) earring (from Heroic gear) is summoned as a lvl 84 pet. This buff, supposedly EM13, summoned a lvl 80 pet. I tried taking the EM5 earring off, in case that could make a difference, and it didn't - summoned a lvl 80 pet multiple times. The pet spell is a lvl 83 spell (Spirit of Hoshkar), so the EM13 buff should apply to it (works on lvl 81-105 spells, pet spell is lvl 83). I cast this in PoK, in case that makes a difference.
  2. GNOME_POWER Augur

What is your level?

Note:
    I guess and talk about your situation, but that is not necessarily the answer you want.
    "You should wear glasses," I may say.
  3. Skewert Lorekeeper

I was lvl 87 at the time.
  4. forbes77 Elder

im a necro casting the lvl 97 shade pet with imprint of EM it is darkblue to me,not sure if this ment tobe like this or as OP said is it bugged?
  5. aiha Saryrn [Bertox]

There is no EM13 template for the 83 beastlord pet. Just because the spelldata says it works doesn't necessarily mean that a template exists for that pet.

Also, the cauldron summoned pet foci are unique in that they will take priority over any worn EM foci. If you have a worn EM13 foci and a worn EM5 foci and a pet template only exists for the EM5, it will use the EM5 foci. In the same scenario if the EM13 foci is a buff (not worn) it will try to use the EM13 foci anyway and ignore the worn EM5 foci (and you get unfocused pets).

If the login servers start working again soon, I can double check to make sure, but alas I'm stuck here browsing the forums.
  6. aiha Saryrn [Bertox]

Ok, login servers back up finally. Tested the following:

83 Beastlord pet (Spirit of Hoshkar):
    Lvl 80 - No Foci
    Lvl 84 - EM5 (Paragon's Ear Stud of the Summoner)
    Lvl 84 - EM8 (Magnetic Minion Magnifier)
    Lvl 85 - EM10 (Frozen Skull Earring)
    Lvl 86 - EM12 (Oozing Bone Spike)
    Lvl 80 - EM13 (Imprint of the Enhanced Minion)

88 Beastlord pet (Spirit of Averc):
    Lvl 89 - EM12 (Oozing Bone Spike)
    Lvl 90 - EM13 (Imprint of the Enhanced Minion)

Yes, it's working and the issue is that there is no template for the 83 pet.

I also confirmed that the buff foci will force the game to ignore a lesser worn foci when summoning a pet (even if a template doesn't exist for said pet).It will not ignore a higher worn foci though: tested with EM24 and 103 pet (Spirit of Avalit) while still having the EM13 buff on me, which summoned an EM24 focused lvl 105 pet.

The above will be relevant to you once you hit 88 and can use the EM13 foci. You'll probably want to click off the EM13 buff once you summon a pet(s) so that your 85 swarm pets have a working focus (they don't have an EM13 template either).
    Skewert likes this.
  7. forbes77 Elder

Thanks for the info Aiha.
  8. forbes77 Elder

again thank you for info, what about my post about the necro pet any input on this or follow what you posted?
  9. aiha Saryrn [Bertox]

The buff is working and a template should exist for the 97 Necro Pet.

1. Target Yourself.
    2. Right click Imprint of the Enhanced Minion.
    3. You should now have a buff on yourself called "Enhanced Minion XIII".
    4. Summon Pet.

I don't have a Necro to test with, but the 98 Beastlord pet is level 97 when focused with EM13. I'm reasonably sure the Necro pet will also be level 97 when focused with it.
  10. forbes77 Elder

Thank you.