Imperator's command is useless in its current form

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Thaargor, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Thaargor New Member

the AA Imperator's Command sounds nice on paper. a short term increase to AC, and HP, and HP regen. But I can never seem to get it to work. there are almost 100 spells that conflict and override Imperator's Command, the foremost of which is the Certitude line.

Now, come on, when (other than maybe raids) are we not gonna have Certitude on the warrior. If you want to really make this AA work, then at least remove the conflict with Certitude.
  2. Dre. Altoholic

We've put in multiple requests to remove the AC buff.
  3. Kamea Augur

Hope more people post about it on beta forums.
  4. Repthor Augur

you will be happy to know the dev dosent understand the problem that an aa conflicting with the most used buff in the game is a bad idea. he also refuses to fix it . so enjoy your aa that 100% worthless in evey aspect of the game
  5. Explicit Augur

No use, same response there lol. Repthor is pretty much spot on
  6. Kamea Augur

I just figure by the 5th... or maybe 10th time... he may realize the flaw in his response.
  7. Thaargor New Member

Could you reveal the name of this rocket scientist?
  8. Kamea Augur

Since NDA is over...

ME:
    "Imperator's Command AC issue is still unresolved. This 'should' be our best Imperator ability on raids, but the AC component makes it useless in basically any situation as you can't use it on anyone with cleric ward or Certitude. The AC componet should be moved to a different slot or removed completely (it's such a low number that most wouldn't care if it's just removed.)"

ELIDROTH's response:
    "It's not for raids. I said this last expansion as well. It's SPECIFICALLY for group players."

-----

I still frankly think Eli isn't understanding the AC stacking issue (I assume he stopped reading my post at the word "raids.") But if he does understand it and think that's the best way to limit it to group content is to not allow it to stack with cleric buffs at all, well....
  9. DCPD158 Elder

I haven't even wasted the AAs on it. I run with a cleric merc. solo or in groups and this doesn't do jack for me or my group in either situation due to stacking issues.

Have to get back to putting AAs into the 37 different agro/hate skills now. Thnx
  10. Bamkan Augur

A further stacking problem is with Druids - Mask of the Bosquetender.

[34993/5527] Mask of the Bosquetender Rk. II
    Classes: DRU/100
    Skill: Alteration
    Mana: 385
    Target: Self
    Beneficial: Blockable
    Reflectable: No
    Casting: 3s, Recast: 1.5s, Rest: 1.5s
    Duration: 03:15:00 (1950 ticks), Extendable: Yes, Dispelable: Yes
    2: Increase Magnification by 120%
    3: Increase Current Mana by 39 per tick
    4: See Invisible
    5: Ultravision
    Text: Your features sharpen.

Mask is overwritten (stripped) by Imperator's command due to the slot 3.
    Ranger's Eyes of the Howler is in a similar situation.
  11. Ranpha Augur

Since apparently devs don't understand why this line is totally useless (with mercs, which warrior is ever gonna be without cleric buffs, even soloing), let's specifically ask this line not to be upgraded to get the message accross.
  12. Explicit Augur

We did it, finally.

Explicit said:
    “[38247] Imperator's Command
    4: Increase AC by 100
    This does not stack with these two spells below and has not since it was introduced, this renders the AA 100% unusable in all facets of game play.
    ...”

Dzarn: This should be changed next patch. The AC component for both ranks of this ability will now reside in Slot 7. [Stacking comparison]
    Keshua, Kamea and Dre. like this.
  13. Kamea Augur

Thanks for sharing the news, Explicit.

I'm glad another dev intervened in this, as Elidroth clearly didn't understand this particular issue.
  14. DCPD158 Elder

From the test patch 10/30/2013

*** AA ***

- The timer for the alternate ability Mark of Travel should no longer conflict with timer for Teleport Bind.
    - The timer for the alternate ability Tertiary Recall should no longer conflict with the timer for Silent Casting.
    - Quickened Scourge Skin will now correctly improve the casting time of the second rank of Scourge Skin.
    - The buff granted by the wizard ability Arcane Destruction should now correctly list the benefits it offers.
    - The Shroud of the Miracle effect triggered by Quiet Miracle now goes into a standard buff slot rather than the short duration effects window.
    - The AC component of the warrior ability Imperator's Command has been changed to improve the buff's stacking with other abilities.
    - Necromancers now have a new ability called Death Blossom, which is a group/solo oriented version of Death Bloom. This ability only functions while in full out-of-combat regen mode and does not stack with Death Bloom.
  15. Thaargor New Member

I have tried it several times since the patch and still not seeing any changes in stats. anyone see any improvement since the patch?
  16. Brudal Augur

It now stacks with Certitude.
  17. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Mana Regen:

Slot 2 - Enchanter Clarity
    Slot 3 - Druid/Ranger self buff -- Imperator's Command
    Slot 4 - Druid skin
    Slot 5 - Beastlord Spiritual
    Slot 6 - Death Bloom/Druid Wolf Form
    Slot 8 - Knowledge of the Past clicky
    Slot 9 - Enchanter 2nd spire / Geomantra

I suggest moving this to slot 9. That AA is not often used and if it is, not often on a group with a warrior and even still if it is, you can coordinate when to use it. Everything else is a long term buff that makes this not stick.

If this doesn't get changed I guess it will continue occupying one slot of my blocked buff window.