Imperator's Command AA Buff Conflict

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Tallanor-emarr, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Tallanor-emarr Journeyman

There is a buff conflict between the newly changed imperator's command AA, and the pally self buff line, armor of formidable faith. Just curious if anything is in the works to address this conflict, or whether its just one of those suck it up and deal with it situations.
  2. Tallanor-emarr Journeyman

There is also a conflict between this newly changed AA, and the druid self buff line mask of the bosquetender.
  3. Khat_Nip Meow

As well as a conflict with the Shadowknight Drape self-buff line.
  4. Dre. Altoholic

This stacking change was requested by the Warrior community. The original version of the buff didn't stack with the most popular buff in EverQuest - the Cleric 'Aegolism' line.

The Pal/SK Armor/Drape line targeted specifically to avoid stacking issues with other class buffs cast on the Warrior. Warriors are a tanking class, not a support class for other tanks.
    arsenil likes this.
  5. Tallanor-emarr Journeyman

A paladin or shadowknight losing those self buffs is affected when tanking, since most likely this new AA can not be chain cast. These hybrid Ac/HP/Mana Regen buffs that are getting overwritten, are very long duration buffs, 2.5 hr base, not something the knight is expecting to lose. I agree it should not affect other class buffs cast on warriors, but it should not affect other tanking classes detrimentally. Personally, I would just block it, however I wanted to voice some feedback of what it is doing, in such a way as to determine if that is the only choice available to me. It also looks like it is overwriting them differently, the druid buff seems to be affected by the mana regen slot, the knight buff may be affected by the slot 10 hp increase, the paladin buff also has a mana regen slot, but that may not be causing the conflict. My post is not a call for a nerf, or even to change the slots to ones that would hurt warrior buffing, I am just seeking to know if there might be a potential slot change in the works so that I don't have to permanently block it.
  6. Kamea Augur

It should stack with those buffs, as it helps warrior's synergy in tank groups. Paladins can give us heal effectiveness buffs, SKs can give up epic, we should be able to give them something; especially since commanding voice and aura are obsolete these days.

But I'm worried giving more attention to Imperator's Command could lead them to mess up the stacking yet again, and we'd get another NTTB style nerf.
    Dre. likes this.
  7. Dre. Altoholic

Didn't realize it was overwriting other buffs. Thanks for the tip I'll block it on my knights.

I would definitely have preferred something more like the drape/armor lines. Specifically, a long, sustainable duration buff would be preferred over yet-another medium duration cooldown (we have plenty of these already) that also happens to be a group buff (out of archetype IMO)
  8. Mykaylla Augur

That primary paladin gift of increased healing effectiveness to you. Group Armour of the Inquisitor, also does not stack with Imperator's Command, because it has four times the AC of Imperator's, as well.