immunity to KarZok mana/hp draining spells?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by mordsith, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Brohg Augur

Not loot guys, Ofearl. I'm sure he's talking about Garssilor and one of the optional HA steps to kill a Kar`zok
  2. IblisTheMage Augur

Sprig crotch rot?

No idea what it is, but it does not sound healthy...

(Boards are a great place to learn english)

I think EoK progression might have been a bit long, but all in all it was fine. I really hated the ground spawns in the lava earth that where hard to see with old eyes, that was boring and straining at the same time...
  3. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Fair enough. Allakazam had incomplete information.
  4. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Green sarnaks in ST. Only thing I am talking about here is the Aura of Karzok..not Korsha. If they took the heal limit off of that aura it would be just fine.

I still don't think trade skills, in any form, should be forced on groupers\casuals..literally again..IN ANY FORM. I don't see how that makes anyone "lazy." Some people simply do not care for tradeskilling.
    Venau likes this.
  5. S33k3r Augur

It's not the first time that players have had to use tradeskills for a quest. I remember how much I hated improving my tradeskills so I could get my prayer shawl and I still hate TSs to this day (even with saved recipes/auto combine+inventory).

I still have a mage & shaman without essence and I've grouped with them when killing green sarnak (including named). It's not difficult if I watch position and use what ever tools I have to recover hp&mana.
  6. Tiredofthefkery New Member

not bragging, have completed EoK progression for four toons in a total of 12 hours, literally sat down on a Saturday at 6am was done at 645pm … had to stop a couple times to p. currently the mobs are a joke, bring a rog / ranger / zerker any of which make this progression trivial. I know of a website to help … starts with getg or something like that
  7. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

I also know what makes it easy as was reflected in a twitch stream I happened across about a year ago from Realm of Insanity on Xeg. The people there were bragging about how they were going to use a certain prohibited auto hunting script to collect all the TS items for their artisans\crestas.

Those some pro uberguilder tips right there.
  8. Tiredofthefkery New Member

The pcs are farmed easily while completing the quests, just have to know where to look. The EoK progression was so linear it skirted boring more than once. As for RoI personally have no affiliation with them whatsoever nor would I
  9. Bigstomp Augur

I liked it the first time around, but returning to do it later I was not as much of a fan.
    A big improvement would have been to allow it to be done zone by zone, so someone who was behind could still get some stuff done, then go back to fill in their blanks later.
  10. Brohg Augur

The checkmarks needed from Frontier Mountains, Temple of Droga, Chardok, and half of Scorched Woods are group tasks, allowing any 5 people who aren't qualified or prepared to collect 13 out of the requisite 25 tasks before beginning their own progression, indeed without ever even zoning into the expansion's zones. I don't know what specifically you'd like to change, but there's a story being told. Learning the gritty specifics of how to combat a menace that you're not even aware of would be dumb.
  11. Bigstomp Augur

My only real complaint is the lineal nature of it.
    Someone logs in and we're working on progression. We now have a choice, we can back-track, or we can decide the new persons progression has to wait.

One option annoys me because I just helped someone do that task an hour ago.
    The other option makes me feel bad because the new person isn't getting any check marks done.
    (Yes, the group missions being able to be done in advance or random task adds is nice)
  12. segap Augur

The story lines could be more parallel so that you have different paths to take to do the various parts. Or they could be less story and more of an introduction to lore. The final zone or mission could tie them all together. Or they could decouple progression from the linear nature of the story line so that those that don't pay attention to the story anyhow, can just get stuff done regardless. Those that enjoy the story could still be given guidance on the order to enjoy it unfolding.
  13. Natal Augur

It is not raid progression, it is group progression. Mobs with similar abilities are found in some raids, but that is because KarZok mobs are found in raids as well as group content so of course you need the same immunities there.

Getting the labs part of progression done is pretty straightforward anyway. The slog is doing all the other parts of progression. In essence they replaced keyed entry to labs with a mob check, but either way you would still need to do progression to complete the zone.
  14. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

people cry too much. do the progression and be able to kill some extra stuff... or don't, and avoid that stuff. it's a choice, collect your "dreadland crotch rot" or don't. there's very little in the game you can't do without it.
    Metanis likes this.
  15. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Still a stupid design choice that wasn't there in EOK. That's what made EOK better. But then chase loot helped make EOK great too. I doubt if we will ever see that again however because of the whining from the same people on this threat who love dat dreadland crotch rot sprig as a way to keep "filthy casuals" in their place. I guess it's kinda like "building their wall".... heh.
  16. Lianeb Augur

Unless the subject changed and i missed it, this IS an EoK quest